Unresponsive Yoyo acting responsive

Hi, I just got a iyoyo iceberg. And I played with it for about 10 min, then I lubed it. (with ■■■■■■■■■■.com yoyo thin lube) Now it is acting responsive, I have been playing with it for about a hour and it still does this. I just don’t understand, I put a half a drop on a needle of lube in the yoyo bearing. This has never happened to any of my other yoyo. Please Help!

3 Likes

You can try to do a lot of pin wheels or gyro flops to spread it around and break it down until it starts playing unresponsive again or just play it and it will go unresponsive again or clean the bearing and try to reapply lube. It’s not broken or anything so don’t worry about that. I usually just play it until it gets unresponsive again.

Ok, thank you! I will try that. I was afraid it was broken, thanks again.

No problem have fun!

1 Like

Yeah too much lube. Only need less than a drop.

1 Like

Original post said 1/2 a drop of oil.

Other things to look for are;

Is string pinched between a half and bearing (String was still on the bearing when you put it together)

Debris may have gotten inbetween the bearing and half?

Over tight (unlikely, just throwing it out there)

Basically check for anything inhibiting or slowing down the bearing (piece of hair or lint?).

Have fun

3 Likes

I have dropped a yoyo on the floor (5a) and pretty much immediately it became responsive and there was a hair in the bearing.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will look for those things. :grinning:

2 Likes