I wish Jensen Kimmitt was still around

I don’t know if this is allowed. Mods, feel free to remove if this is against the rules in some way.

This has been on my mind for a while. I started yoyoing in like 2019, so well past his time anyway. But from pretty much the moment I started, I was drawn to his style. He had so much personality on stage and his combos exuded a sense of fun that I feel is missing from a lot of players now (no hate or disrespect to newer competitors at all, please don’t misunderstand. There are so many incredible people whose skills I could never hope to match. He was just something else).

I know he has moved on and doesn’t really want to be pulled back into the culture, but I can’t help but feel as though he left a hole that hasn’t been filled since. I hope he’s doing okay and knows how much of an inspiration he is to people here, even more than a decade on. He is a legend and will always be my biggest inspiration in yoyo.

18 Likes

He does have a Patreon by the way

8 Likes

Thanks for this. As a broke 19 year old about to enter college and move to Austin, I will have to wait until I get a job. But I’m bookmarking it for when I have one. Does this give you access to his music? I know he removed most of it from the internet and it would be cool to be able to download it

1 Like

Yeah, he has links there and its a benefit of sponsoring his efforts.

2 Likes

Here is an awesome remix by Louis DiGiuseppe of Duns Broccoli

And this one is still so good with Wade

9 Likes

More Jensen Gold

9 Likes

11 Likes

Thank you for posting this stuff. On a road trip but I can’t wait to go through it.

5 Likes