I used a Drone to fill in for a Camera Operator: Result was better than expected

It’s been a while, my skills haven’t changed much, and I really do WISH that I did this kind of thing more often. I’ve gotta get some more practice in on this hobby that used to take up so much of my time and deserves to take up more of my time going forward. https://youtu.be/m5y74zo53ts

19 Likes

Yes you need to do more of this. Very good result if I may say.

1 Like

very cool man i shoot with a canon xf100, it’s cool to see how much more can be done with a drone

1 Like

Very nice man. That was cool and makes me want to buy a drone.

2 Likes

This is super cool, does the drone follow you or keep you in the frame or someone other is driving it? Love the quality and the camera work

2 Likes

Yoooo, that was awesome! Camera/Drone work, music, landscape and flow…all were exceptionally nice! Thanks for sharing :pray:t4:

2 Likes

That was a really good watch, what a great way to capture yoyoing. Nice job!

3 Likes

The drone was following me and keeping me in the frame completely automatically using DJI’s active track feature. The reason I had the sling bag on was so that I could keep the controller close by while yo-yoing in case I had to manually intervene in the operation of the drone, but I never had to until I was ready to land. The active track worked really well, and the Mini 4 Pro has obstacle avoidance too so it knew to fly itself around the center of the bridge compared to being at risk of crashing as shown in one of the shots. I was very impressed!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind feedback everyone! Yo-yoing is what got me into videography funnily enough, and lately I’ve been pursuing that more than YoYoing, but I definitely want to get back to learning some new tricks!

2 Likes

Omg Erik, seeing your name was such a throwback lol. We used to be kids spamming the forums over a decade ago, where have the times gone :smiling_face_with_tear: :joy:

Great video! Production was sick

3 Likes

Great to see you again! It’s crazy to think back on what the forum was like then. I just was reading through the Food and Yoyo’s thread yesterday and the nostalgia hit so hard seeing users like @Logi and @Bcmaddog in there as well. Some of the posts I made as a kid are so cringeworthy now it’s wild :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah I can’t look back on my old stuff anymore lol. Forums def used to have a lot more kids on here and skewed a bit younger tho which is interesting how things have changed. All the youngin hooligans are on IG and tiktok now :sweat_smile: Makes me feel old now, so crazy.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. I’m at the age where I’ve never made a TikTok account and I don’t want to which certainly makes me feel old! I’ve had to post videos to TikTok for work, but have never used it for personal reasons :joy:

Some of my old posts are genuinely painful to read now. Really enjoyed seeing your video! Makes me want to make a yoyo video again, it’s been way too long.

2 Likes

Wow, the gamer legend still visits the forums! That’s awesome! Thanks for the kind words, I would love to see a new yoyo video from you.