Food & Yo-Yos Thread (Continued after the Contest)

This contest ended, but the thread remains, so the food and throw photos can live on :wink:

Welcome to the Food and Yo-Yos contest. I don’t like fancy trick contests, I like to do something fun for everyone (well…as many as possible). We all have to eat, and we all have an Ipod, camera, cell phone, or can we can borrow one to take photos. So, for this contest, post up a photo of your yo-yo that color matches any food (or food related product) or beverage. Any number of throws or food related items can be depicted in one photo.

Rules:

1. You can enter as many times as you want;
  2. Post the photo in the thread (no links), or post it to Instagram and hashtag #foodandyoyos and #yoyoexpert (or both). If YoyoExpert likes your photo on Instagram, I will really consider that if I need a tiebreaker between two photos. :wink:
    3 You must make me want to eat your yo-yo. Period. I like condiments too. :slight_smile:
  3. I will ship the prize within the United States.
  4. You must be registered on the forum for six months prior to this post. No exceptions.
  5. Don’t hate on people’s photos.
  6. This will run at least a week, dependent upon the rate of submissions.

Prize:
I want you to put your heart in it and have fun, and not base your efforts on a prize. But, a hint is:
If you never tried a mint CLYW, you may want to make me hungry, and show me the perfect match. Post 'em up homie. :wink:

I will post some examples of what I’m looking for:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/10529685724_efd58537cd_z.jpg
FoodandYoyos4 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/10529872193_73822d3477_z.jpg
FoodandYoyosc by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10529681144_c98ac1cd29_z.jpg
FoodThrows1b by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5543/10529873253_2bccf6eeac_z.jpg
FoodandYoyos5b by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

5 Likes

My diet is something not many would envy, but I wanted to get artsy fartsy anyway. :wink:

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/4559/87bz.jpg

3 Likes

Oh SNAP!! :o That’s awesome. I was hoping someone might represent a more natural and healthy side as well. I just ate the Oreos :smiley: with a tall glass of milk, but I got them from 7-Eleven, specifically for the photo. I eat “right” sometimes, and rarely get sweets from the grocery store. I will also post a more healthy option tomorrow. I have the perfect idea too. :wink:

Great way to start things off. :slight_smile: A note to all, feel free to use your friends’ throws if you don’t have many…get creative.

2 Likes

Natural and Healthy… pfft…

this is from a long time ago, so sorry the food isn’t in frame. I’ll re-do it on Tuesday when I go to Taco John’s and get .89 taco’s… it’ll be extra greasy

2 Likes

^ It qualifies…looks great! I may have to step up the prizes if this keeps up. :smiley:

1 Like

Cool contest… I will get a few shots up later on today…

2 Likes

I will probably be entering a few more times. But here is the first one: froot loops-

2 Likes

The image made the rally an oval. Lol. But obviously it’s not. xD

1 Like

2 Likes

It showed for me perfect…just didn’t load right that time I bet. Saw it on Instagram too. :slight_smile: Looks great, thank you. I love Fruit Loops mmm. Rally looks delish

I saw yours too BC…looks great, very creative to match it with the package. :slight_smile: You guys can enter as much as you want during the week too.

1 Like

I am not competing, of course, but will occasionally post a new effort of my own. Of the ones I posted, I like the Cheetos and Oreo brownie the best. The Oreo/Roll Model inspired the idea for this. I was eating the brownie and thought it looked like my Roll Model. Problem is, there is a bit of brown on the packaging for the brownie, and the Roll Model has no brown, only black. But they have the same exact shades of blue and red, and I like that. With the Cheetos, every color on the bag is on the yo-yos…pretty exact. So, the Cheetos is the best of those I think.

When this is done, I will give the thread a new title, and have it moved to Exhibition/Artwork section. We can revisit it anytime for a chuckle, or add to it even after the contest is done. I wish I had a Clareview Station CLYW…I saw a Butterfinger while I was out today. :slight_smile: That’s for the best though…I ate enough sweets last night. :-[

1 Like

I’m gonna have to keep my eyes open for some food now haha! Hopefully I can find something soonish :slight_smile:

EDIT: Sadly I’ve only technically been on the forums for 4 months :frowning: stupid procrastination
I’ll probably submit something anyways.

2 Likes

This is a little more healthy! This HUGE jar of pickles matches my blue/green 54!

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Maddog Whip-

This is sooo fun im looking for fun things everywhere i go hahaha!

3 Likes

Had to :stuck_out_tongue:

I never drank these, they are leftovers from my brother (typical ::)) so i just “borrowed” a few of tons of color varieties.

Had to for the “claws”

1 Like

UHHH OOO…

Forgot about my Capless and those peaches :wink: Brrr…

1 Like

Mmmm…I love pickles, and the color is spot on too. What throw is that with the Monster? Cool photos.

1 Like

A Whip-…

2 Likes

Pickle?

1 Like