I need to know. I might have to quit yoyo.

Just… wat…

l0l…

It solved the bad taste in my mouth after eating my moms pot roast.

The poop was bad, but the roast was worse.

I stopped for almost a year due to constant aches and pains in both my throw- and freehand.
Yoyoing puts a lot strain on your joints and tendons - don’t forget to stretch every now and then.

Actually, it’s not necessarily a lighter yoyo you want to use - this could even make it worse as you tend to compensate by throwing harder.

What you really want is more response. Avoid string centering bearings and 5mm gaps (this will probably have the benefit of smoothing out your play in the long term anyway). You want to avoid that “thunk” when the yoyo hits the bottom of the string.

Also, don’t return the yoyo to your hand while it is still spinning very fast, that moment as it grips the string puts a lot of strain on your middle finger and wrist.

If you play with the slipknot near the tip of your finger, move it down towards the base of your finger, this bit of your finger is stronger and it will generate less leverage.

Also, don’t be surprised if every doctor you see is completely useless.

Just a repetitive motion you are doing to your muscles and joints. Could be arthritis.

Yoyoing is ur life? :-[ :-[

Did you recently get a dreadnought? Do you play super fast…like all the time?is you wrist stiff of flicky when you throw? (tell the truth, or the professional diagnoses of the yoyo community will mean nothing!) when you do breakaways do you try to throw them down more or do you throw it out super far? Try throwing and if one particular part of your throw causes more pain then the rest or if thats the only time you feel pain change that part and see what you could do differently to make it easier on your wrist/arm

I spend my time yoyoing, but i do other things, when i buy stuffs i yoyo, when i hang out with freinds i yoyo, and i yoyo when o watch TV, even during break at the pool :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just hanging around with your friends without a yoyo not good enough for ya? I thinkyou need to take a break for a week and live life :stuck_out_tongue:

http://global3.memecdn.com/brain-cancer_o_203658.jpg

;D

I highly doubt this pain could be from yoyoing.

It’s in your wrist correct?

You may have Carpel Tunnel

I had massive shoulder issues for quite some time which gave me carpel tunnel type symptoms, so don’t go jumping to the “I have carpel tunnel” conclusion too quickly. There are a number of nerves / muscle groups can can spasm in the shoulder area ( specifically behind the shoulder blade ) especially if you sit with bad posture in front of a computer screen for long periods of time and then aggravate it with something like yoyoing.

Take a break from yoyoing, learn some basic yoga postures like the sun salutation work on doing 10 of those a day, it should help stretch your wrists, spine and other major joints and body parts.

Seriously though, if the pain doesn’t subside within 3 days to a week after you stop yoyoing then I would see a GOOD doctor and/or GOOD chiropractor.

Yeah so he should probably go see a doctor

Cut off your hands.

yoyo with stubs.

I had wrist problems from yoyoing. I’ve been 2 weeks without yoyoing with my right hand. It seems alot better now, but I’m going to take it easy for a few more days. I just learned how to loop with my left hand instead so I didn’t actually quit :smiley:

Get some terrapin bearings and you wont need to throw as hard to get good spin :wink:

Take a break from yo-yoing for a little bit. If that doesn’t fix it see a doctor that specializes in wrists and hands. Also you might want to throw a lot lighter so your wrist doesn’t hurt that hard.

sorry, my inner child came out. As if it doesn’t enough while im tossing these toys around hehe :smiley:

I was having similar issues when I started yoyoing a lot, take a day or so off, and if you can’t help but trow, like others have said throw gently, and just stick to some easier tricks (that don’t need a such strong sleepers), if that doesn’t help then yeh see a doctor/ physiotherapist/ chiropractor

I love you