I need just a bit of help here

I NEED A LOT OF HELP…So not long ago I got myself an Arrow yoyo, I was exited, and play with responsive for quite a while, and I’m curious of what is like using a unresponsive…and I thought after just a couple throw’s I’m just gonna switch back to responsive,and of course I failed…but when I want to take the unresponsive bearing out, its stuck…and I was like​:no_mouth::expressionless:…I try to take it out with my hands and even with pliers but its still stuck. So does that mean I have to have a bearing removal tool

I usually take mine out with the narrow section of tweezers, but how come pliers didn’t work?

1 Like

Hmmm, maybe I will try it again…

1 Like

I had to try and take the bearing out of my shutter a year ago and ran into the same issue as you. I didn’t have a bearing removal tool, so I started using pliers, I tried with the pliers for a solid 20 minutes, and then gave up, for the sake of my hands. Then I saw somewhere online that you could stick one half in the freezer, because it would cause the aluminum to shrink. That also did not work for me. Then I found this video- A LAST RESORT METHOD: How to Remove a Yo-Yo Bearing Without Tools - YouTube
And, as you probably guessed, that didn’t work either. I went back to the pliers. I gripped the bearing and then just rocked the yoyo back and forth gently. It was a very slow process, but the bearing finally gave, and I got it out.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience, to a point that I finally decided to purchase a bearing removal tool. That was my smartest move after the “two nuts method” for removing the axle stuck with the hexagon side inside.
Probably spent around 10 hours trying to remove the bearing and the axle (not the same yoyo, that would be too much for me).

1 Like

Lets me try that again, I was pulling for just about 30 sec though, gonna try again

1 Like

You want to rock it a little, from different directions, wiggle it off, don’t pull straight out.

2 Likes

been like 2 min wiggling it out, wont work, like with pliers

gonna try to rock it a bit more little, lets see, if that will do…

U know what…I’m giving up, scared the unresponsive bearing will broke, I guess we will gonna just learn unresponsive tricks now…

1 Like
1 Like

Whenever I have a stuck bearing it takes a while to pull it out with pliers. Like an hour. I usually just rock the yoyo back and forth while doing something else, like watching tv. It feels like the bearing isn’t moving at all, but eventually it will just free itself.

someone on another thread suggested using the back end of a drill bit if you have a set of those. A bearing removal tool is really just a snug fitting cylinder you put into the middle of the bearing (you’ll have to take the axle out if you haven’t already).

1 Like

Actually already try it…but the bearing was in the other side of the yoyo from the yoyo he have, so yeah it didn’t really work

Well the thing is I’m just scared it will break

If you gently rock it it will likely not break. When I did this on my skyline it didn’t break, but when I did it on my shutter I broke the bearing, but sort of on purpose. I decided that the throw was more valuable, and I would rather buy another bearing than never use the yoyo again. Only do that as a VERY last resort.

Do you have the web or video you seen it from?

No, it was literally just a two word reply from someone in the “how to remove a D bearing” thread here last week. It just said “drill bit” iirc. I assume they mean to just use it the way you would a bearing removal tool.