I need help with a response pad

Yo! So the responce pad on my YYF WEDGE just came out all the way, what do i do?

1 Like

Go flowable or buy new yyf pads.

1 Like

Ok, i have some pads already, are they universal?

1 Like

They will probably fit.

4 Likes

Ok thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

Make sure to clean the groove out before putting in a new pad. A toothpick or something like that will help get all any excess sticky residue out. Then I normally twist up the corner of a paper towel and do a few swipes to make sure it’s dry and clean so the new pad will stick properly.

6 Likes

Yeah i did all of that, i just need to buy new pads but they are expensive, so i watched a dylan kawalskie video and ima just use silicone cuz its cheaper

1 Like

Flowable works well too, but you have to wait a good deal of time for it to dry. I always choose pads just for the quick replacement, and $2 isn’t bad considering how long they last IMO.

3 Likes

Yeah but i have time and a lot of yoyos so having one not playable isn’t to bad.

1 Like

Ok so, i got this from the hardware store. Should it work?

That one doesn’t say “flowable” so it may be a little more difficult to work with and even out, but can’t hurt to try.

1 Like

It should.

Just make sure you clean the area well before you apply it. Also make sure you let it dry completely prior to stringing it up, or you will need a new string, and potentially a new bearing.

1 Like

Ok ill try,

Ok i will

The one we sell/use is the same brand, but labeled “flowable” for window/glass. They probably sell it at the hardware store as well if you have trouble with this one.

1 Like

I agree, anything bought from anywhere but YYE is garbage.
It just wont work, period. Nothing bought from anywhere, ever.

String, bearings, tenis shoes, Egg McMuffins…
Heck, I bought my last car from YYE!

Buy from them.

This was not a paid advertisement, I am in no way liable for any undercooked McMuffins served by YYE

Hrmmm…
Now I kinda want a McMuffin.

2 Likes

Im gonna try it, i have a tutorial im following and ill be extra careful,

1 Like

Ok! Done, it was verry easy, i think it looks good!

5 Likes