I modded the new Butterfly XT

Screenshot_20200519-164709__01 Screenshot_20200519-164714__01 Screenshot_20200519-164848

Flowable silicone, deep wide grooves and opened the gap a little. It plays great!

22 Likes

is it unresponsive?

2 Likes

How did you go about doing this? Looks like a fun little yo!

4 Likes

This is probably how he did it. I remember doing this years ago haha. Take it slow and really make sure your tool is sharp. The XT plastic isn’t the best and can melt easily. Also if any one is gonna try this, wear eye protection. Jeweler’s screw drivers really aren’t meant to be used like this, not to mention the potential of plastic flying.

9 Likes

Yes, fully unresponsive

2 Likes

That’s basically it. I sanded down the starburst and went at it with a sharpened pocket screwdriver, not fiddling with a dinky jeweler’s screwdriver.

It never melted on me no matter how hard I pushed, it shaved it away nicely and never got too hot to melt.

It plays really good. Wanna try it with performance rings, or maybe some o rings.

6 Likes

I’m planning on sanding down the walls on one to open the gap up a little more just 'cause.

5 Likes

This is sick. Mod projects are always awesome.

8 Likes

Love seeing mods :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes, remember those well.
That’s one hefty tube of silicone he has there. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

So cool! I just popped in a grooved bearing like that to make a semi responsive yoyo, how did you widen the gap?

2 Likes

I knocked down the part of the wall that is right off of the bearing leading into the recess. But even the starburst sticks out off of the wall, so just bringing it flush to the wall is all I really did.