Duncan butterfly xt mod?

So I recently got into fixed axle or 0a play and I really like it but the only problem is that these fixed axle yo-yos or 0a throws are a little out of my budget so I found a butterfly xt and wanted to mod it using flowable silicone around the starburst response system. Does anybody know it this mod would work ??

2 Likes

You mean like squirt silicone on the starburst or you mean like remove starburst and create a groove which you then fill with silicone? If it’s the latter then will work well.

1 Like

Sorry about the confusion I wanted to Squirt silicone around the starburst but I haven’t done it yet

1 Like

Prolly not a good idea imo. But try it anyways!

Yeah I might as well try it out and tell you what the results are !!! Btw do you have any tips on how to flowable silicone ?? I never done it before

2 Likes

Use the tutorial @G2_Jake made a while back. Recess with a credit card.

1 Like

Thanks That helps a lot :grin::+1:t2:

Just fill the bearing with silicone grease, that will make the response more snappy.

Also, the standard Butterfly absolutely rips 0A as well.

4 Likes

Sry I’m kind of new to this stuff in Not really the mod type but what’s silicone grease and do I put it on the bearing itself ??

Silicone grease is basically what the name says, grease made from silicone. Readily available at home depot, you put it inside the bearing.

3 Likes

I started learning 0A on a XT. Then I got a Butterfly and now I don’t use the XT anymore.

5 Likes