Duncan butterfly mods

what are some duncan butterfly modds. I think i can silicone recess and silicone and sand it, but if you have done one or have instructions for mods not mentioned then that would be awesome. :slight_smile:

I am going to try to either create a club at school or try a more covert one 8) But its for people who aren’t ready to buy a 20$ yoyo yet.

Very many thanks -YoyoMango

Instead of going through all of this trouble, go to your local Walgreens and get a Peterfish Luminator, they are like $3 and are pretty much exactly what you are looking for

Well first off Thank you very much for responding :). Second, do they have those with a butterfly shape? And third i am sort of looking forward to at least trying this because without the bad in life it would be gray for what defines the good is indeed the bad.-and i like trying to figure out stuff.

The luminator is a butterfly shape, yes. And if you want to try the mods go ahead, i was just thinking, if you want yoyos for the club or whatever you are running, then this is a cheaper and quicker method than modding a butterfly.

i will definatly see if wallgreens or cvs has that thank you. :wink:

I don’t think there’s much point in siliconing a fixed axle yoyo. The axle pretty much dominates the response mode there. If anything it’ll probably make it more responsive.

If you had access to a lathe, you could put in a bearing, but by the time you invest in the parts etc, it’s getting pricey if you’re doing it for a club. If you are just doing it to have some fun and see what comes, then that’s a different story.

well a lil of both but could i sub a lathe with a drill? Also i had a wild fantasy of buying spacers and bearings and puting them in along with maybe a new axle? I dunno. Most of this was inspired by something called failed butterfly mod.

You can substitute a drill for a lathe for things like a sili recess, but for adding a bearing you need something more precise (lathe).

BUMP! OH! excuse me for bumping into you thread!(yes im bored)

And I believe the answer’s still the same… :wink:

i silicone recessed my friends butterfly yesterday and a problem has risen. The gap is too small. it is responsive even without silicone. it is mainly from things sticking out a lil from the recess but still

Umm…