I made my own string! (Question added: how do I make it "bouncier"?)

Not trying to sell anything I’m just super exited because I made my own string for the first time today!

From left to right the strings are: Mine (Brown Type 10), Green YYN Highlight, Mine (White/Dark Green/Light Blue Type 8 ), Green/Black/White Chaos 422 (worn in), Mine (White/Dark Green Type 6), and Mine (Dark Green Type 6).

I used Xela’s method as demonstrated in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82pigIyESOg#noexternalembed
Also, reading this first helped me a lot: http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,32980.0.html

If you haven’t tried making your own string yet, you really should. It’s amazingly fun and easy, and if you do good it plays AMAZING!
You can really use anything but I used 100% poly.
Seriously make some, you’ll get addicted! ;D
Personally I’m never buying string ever again.

EDIT: So after playing with my string and the Chaos string for a while I went back to using my highlights and noticed that they were a lot softer and bouncier than both mine and the Chaos string. It also seems like it’s a lot easier to untwist it for putting it on the yoyo. To get this sort of bouncy feel do I need to just twist the string less with the drill? Does Chaos string last longer than Highlights because it is twisted tighter??? Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Lol the strings look cool

Btw where u buyed the poly to make your own strings?

Thanks! Also I got the poly at JoAnn fabrics, but you should be able to get some at any arts and crafts sort of store, a department store like Wal Mart might even have some but they probably won’t have a large amount of color choice.

1 Like

Thanks alot

Nice!!! It’s always good to know how to make your own just in case you run out of your fav strings. I need to make a few this weekend, I’m getting low on the YYE poly.

Thanks for the thanks! (It’s my first one ;D)

With a little more practice and time trying out different ways to twist and such, I think I’ll be able to make my own favorite. I’ve got plenty of YYN highlights left so when I finally run out I should be up to the point where I can just make all my own. Self dependent string creator FTW!

I have been making my own string since i started yoyoing :slight_smile:

Win!

I’ve found that using serger thread, makes your string much more stretchy and bouncy. Its dirt cheap and is suprisingly durable (found at JoAnn’s fabrics). It comes in relatively big rolls too.

1 Like

I’ll have to look for it next time I go. Thank you!