I love the Rally

ITS SOO GOOD OMG
Literally, the best plastic I’ve ver thrown. That’s not even the most praise it deserves. It’s mind-blowingly good.

Maybe there’s some variance then - Mine was basically unplayable. At high RPMs (when you throw it, as opposed to just letting it roll off your hand) there’s this horrible rattle/vibe, and the yoyo snags and returns on a gentle tug.

I was horrified and confused, until I swapped the bearing out - now it plays unbelievably well. I’m still undecided if it’s better than my protostar - They’re both amazing in subtly different ways - but they’re both great enough that you can easily forget you’re playing a plastic.

With all this Rally and Yeti hype, I wonder how the new Protostar will be received.

Need more colors!!! I dont know why they would do first release with that shade of green…

Personally, I’m waiting for the yeti! I’m camping on august 9 till midnight!

YYF have made some great plastics before and have by far the most experience in making plastics of the three. I wouldn’t underestimate the new Protostar by any means. The old Protostar is still one of the best plastics out there imo.

I love it. Seriously incredible. I picked it up and it sounded/felt like metal. Not cheap at all.

Why ? Do you really think 500 yoyos will sell out that quickly?

Because it looks great and most people like green?

2 Likes

It really does look great in person. And the play of the Rally is simply extraordinary.

Its not unheard of.

Mine has an EXTREMELY tiny wobble to it

Anyone else? It doesn’t bug me, but just sayin

I bet they’ll sell out just not to the point where it would be hard to get one.

I can confirm that the stock bearing is a let-down, but I threw in a crucial groove and it is great. The only wobble comes from my throw. I don’t know if the rally is mind-blowing yet, but its at least as good as my Delrin severe.

as a fairly new to the current gen yoyos i have to say i love the rally, it was my first modern throw and i agree like most others that the stock bearing is a slight let down, but on the upside where mine was ordered from it came with a buddah v 8 bearing and i tossed that in and have really enjoyed it, and i agree its really hard to remember that im throwing a plastic throw.

i’ve been throwing a majesty lately as well and i think both are awesome and each serves a different purpose and each allows me to play differently, but the rally will stay in my throw stable for a long long time. OneDrop did a great thing in the Rally by keeping it inexpensive and durable so many could get in on a great throw for many many hours of play.

i have played with the original bearing, but it was loud, but it did spin nicely, i just didnt like the noise.

The Rally is an amazing player! It also looks classy and is just a beauty! The bearings were promptly swapped out for Trifectas. The stock bearings were just a little to budgety for my taste.

Tune it. Unscrew slightly and re tighten again. Do a grind. If it still vibes, repeat until perfect. But yeah, mine wasn’t super perfectly smooth. It is now :slight_smile:

Correction: Better than my delrin Severe.

1 Like

I tried one of those.

They’re nice actually. Kinda vibey but I really want one

My GF ordered me a rally for my birthday today so it should be here someday this week. I’m pretty excited