I like my bearings noisey?

Run 'em dry and let 'em sing.

Same

Nothing louder than a V4Memd OD 10 ball. Ctx are a pitiful excuse for a ten ball lol

The bearing in my surge had a perfect amount of noise. Then it just became dead silent. I opened it up and the bearing (it seemed) had DIED from nothing!! So I popped the shields of and there was a HAIR IN IT. I was like :flushed: how did a hair get into a bearing with shields on that was IN the Yoyo. Anyways so I cleared that mess and now te surge spins just like before. And yeah. I kinda like a tiny but of noise but DEAD quiet works too.

That’s odd, normally crud “or in their case hair” makes my bearings louder, not more quite.

Personally i don’t have any preference - both quite and noisy are just fine for me.
Though for the well-being of all the non yoyoers around me i prefer silent ones.

It wasn’t loud or quiet. It just locked up

really?! Nobody’s gonna touch this? Lol still in the air about noise vs silent as I’m a very new player…

lol I like the way you think

lol of course you’re the one to also think that way XD

For me: The quieter the better. I have a singularity with a central 10-ball and it’s dead smooth. I also have a Dietz with a Trifecta which is really quiet, and another Dietz with a KonKave that has a serious rumble to it. I way prefer the quiet one. It kind of feels more solid. But, in fairness, they play essentially the same.

Maybe I like the quiet because I really like fixed throws. I just like that elegant smoothness.

This thread kind of surprised me. I always just assumed everyone liked them quiet. Live and learn.

I hear ya, but in my case it’s our little girl doing the sleeping. My better half is still chewing my butt though.

True, I never thought about them this way!

A little noise is fine with me but too much is to much