I know one of us nerds has built a spreadsheet

You just blew my mind!

Thank you all so much!!! I was staring at a blank sheet unsure where to start. So many great examples and useful column ideas I hadnā€™t thought of. Now itā€™s just data entry. Then itā€™s compare/contrast shopping, woo-hoo!

2 Likes

Current String? I guess im not as OCD as some people! :wink:

1 Like

To the right on that image I also have:

• Tricks learned on that yoyo
  • String description (in use)
  • Pad description (in use)
  • A list of all strings used on that yoyo
  • Counterweight weight observations
  • List of damage
  • Date purchased
  • Where purchased.
5 Likes

FWIW, when I started mine, I just added 2-3 yoyos to the sheet everytime I purchased one.

That reduced the burden and allowed me to grow the sheetā€™s columns more organically.

Itā€™s also very important to have yoyo location! If you donā€™t know where a yoyo is, then it becomes quite difficult to link the sheet to the physical world and vice versa.

I use mildly descriptive labels (BMpp1 = Bi-Metal Purple lower weights, HP2 = Hybrid plastic heavier weights etcā€¦). I use medium parts organizers (I think I have about 40 of them now?). They fit 18 normally sized yoyos plus a good amount of accessories.

7 Likes

So you are saying I should get a Panorama

1 Like

Nah. I have a lot of yoyos and thatā€™s one of about 4 I donā€™t like :slight_smile:

Now that senpaiā€¦

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to mention that thereā€™s a tab which will pick a throw for me based on how recently it was thrown, when the string was changed, how much I like it etcā€¦

So I donā€™t have to think about the dayā€™s throw, I just check my spreadsheet and it picks me something fresh that I havenā€™t thrown in a while, occasionally picking something I love instead :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Amazing, loving the bins! Iā€™m just at the start of this journey so luckily I think everything fits on one page for now. Then itā€™s just keeping it up.

I was just thinking about basic name, specs, stock vs used parts. Purchase history, tricks, Location (already have dupes in a box) and some others going in.

Canā€™t wait until I have enough to have the sheet pick for me!