I know one of us nerds has built a spreadsheet

I want to keep track of my small but expanding collection.  I can envision the spreadsheet.  I don't want to make it.  It's not lack of knowledge or laziness.  This sport/hobby is my stress relief.  I never want it to feel like the screen time job that gave me the stress. Shopping is starting to feel like that. This would ease a lot.

Nothing fancy.  Main focus is sortable specs.  Potential new throw falls where on the list.  You get it, I hope.  

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Just edited this to get rid of the lateral scrolling…

5 Likes

Thanks, fastest IT help ever!

3 Likes

I’ve been slowly working on mine for awhile now. It’s not pretty but it gets the job done. There are two more categories: Price I paid for it, and who I got it from. Excluded those here for obvious reasons. Also not ALL my yoyos are on here, just mostly the ones worth listing. I do consider it necessary to keep track of my ~110 throws.

As you can see it is incomplete/not entirely filled out, mostly because I just fill it in when I have free time (also, some of the info straight up isn’t available)… I’d put more work into it but there are a lot more important things I have to do than making sure my yoyo spreadsheet is complete :joy::joy::joy:

16 Likes

Airtable is worth a look to try the free version and build out a list and easily upload photos of your own or stock images. Basically it’s just Google sheets with a few improvements they never bothered to implement.

Makes it easier to manage and share out specific views (e.g. for sale with pics or just document view).

I haven’t used it for throws, but did when I had to manage selling off a couple hundred unique items for my parents to collectors… which made it slightly easier to communicate vs dumping pics and a list.

2 Likes

Last year I started a Google Sheet to keep track and count what I have and where I got it. I also like to keep notes and the stories as reminders of the throw’s history. Just because something is rare doesn’t necessarily equate to value, I believe value is more in the story behind them.

14 Likes

I also keep a 2 page, sortable Google sheet to track my collection. First page is current inventory, second is past inventory.

Here’s my current columns if you want to reference:
Manufacturer
Model
Picture
Material
Diameter
Width
String Gap
Weight
Bearing
Response
Axle
Shape
Color
Purchase Location
Purchase Date
Purchase Price
Notes

Past Inventory sheet also includes:
Sold Location
Sold Date
Sold Price
Sold to

8 Likes

I keep a Google sheet with:
Name, Company, Color, Vendor, Diameter, Width, Gap Width, Weight, Notes, Order Date and Cost

2 Likes

I do the same, except in one sheet with a checkbox for “Sold” and custom sort with that as the first column.

3 Likes

I sincerely thought I was the only nutjob with a yoyo spreadsheet. It was really helpful when I was getting started to understand the effects of string gap, weight and size.

4 Likes

Does anyone have the mecha-spreadsheet? No pictures, just every throw ever made’s sweet sweet data in an organized, searchable, comparable format.

Y’know, the One Spreadsheet to rule them all. One Spreadsheet to find them. One Spreadsheet to bring them all and on the BST buy them.

height_300_width_364_overlay_gandalf~2

7 Likes

I, like the others, can only mostly keep up with my collection. I wish there was a comprehensive list or database or wiki. I know that those have been attempted a couple of times, but it requires a critical mass of users to make it work and that hasn’t happened. I usually cobble together my data from the manufacturer’s web site(s), retail web sites, yoyo wiki, and yoyo museum, rounded out with my own measurements to fill in the gaps.

An attempt was made:

https://throwdex.com/

8 Likes

This will quickly turn to a conversation worthy of another thread, but the Professional Disc Golf Assocation (PDGA) does this for discs.

Every disc used for competitive play is approved and recorded. Sort by company or disc name, then click on the name to get the disc with its data.

Something like this would be nifty for yoyo. Another method/benefit to supporting a governing body.

1 Like

@AdmiralBumbleBee

1 Like

I seem to recall @Nocompromise had a massive database of every throw he ever owned.

1 Like

:person_raising_hand: same as the others, this is how I keep track of my collection as well as my wishlist and any spare strings I gather.

I’m happy to share a template or get anyone setup if they need the assistance!

4 Likes

I had to Google disc golf. Never heard about it, never saw it, don’t know the rules, but now I love it: looks like frisbee with purpose.

1 Like

9 Likes

Keywords column is for yoyos that are hard to find by other search terms.

There’s about 15 tabs with over 3000 rows.

4 Likes

I just keep a list of every throw I’ve owned, but no statistics or data on them. I’m almost up to 500 :grin:

3 Likes