How many yo-yos do you have?

In an effort to slow down my acquisition rate, I decided to only get a new yo-yo after learning a new trick. I’ve already got over 25 and I’m only at Drop in the Bucket on the trick list here. There are two or three models that I have more than one of because I couldn’t decide on just one color.

So, how many do you have and how do you keep your want under control?

5 Likes

My 10th arrives tomorrow. I try to keep it under control by only buying really ones in colors I have to have.

3 Likes

I have some shelves with 24 slots on them, and I try to keep everything I own yoyo-wise to fit into the shelves. I start selling yoyos if they get full.

8 Likes

I have 7 yoyos (unless I miscounted) and I hope to keep the collection at 10 or less. Setting a goal for the max amount of yoyos ahead of time helps keep the want under control

2 Likes

I’ve been yoyoing most of my life and that’s a pretty long time. I seem to acquire most yoyos that interest me, not always as soon as they release but over time. I can lose interest in a yoyo over time, if I don’t impulse buy.

Besides, I have some pretty awesome activities/hobbies I enjoy that often distract me from purchasing every yoyo.

How many do I have? I’ve never taken the time to locate them all and count them. Rest assured there will always be another!

5 Likes

3 Likes

I have them listed/organized them on a spreadsheet so it’s easy to keep track of what exactly I have, as well as their corresponding specs, how much I got them for, when I got them, etc. Up to 67 on the spreadsheet, plus several cheapies/randos that aren’t worth putting on there.

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking of making a spreadsheet, too.

2 Likes

Last time I counted it was somewhere in the mid-60s. Now I am well over 100. I should probably thin the herd some day, but I really don’t want to.

6 Likes

Apparently it closely resembles “yoyo” in another language.

3 Likes

Keep my wants under control? I think this is a joke in my life. I’ve decided to limit my purchases to only the yoyos i want. … problem is i want every yoyo that i see

16 Likes

I currently own 49 yoyos. Seven of them are for sale, and two tucked away from main mass, waiting their time to become something special :smiley:
There are many ways to keep wants under control. I`m now following pretty simple one - in order to buy some new stuff it is a mandatory to sell some old stuff.
Sometimes one must sell a lot of stuff to obtain a grail. Sometimes one got a much bigger goal than one rare grail yoyo, and sells most of his/her expensive toys. I did this once, worked out quite well - i bought a brand new car, and money from yoyos sales helped a lot.

3 Likes

I still need just one more…

12 Likes

As my wife has been saying for over a year now, “Too many.” I finally agree.

I have more coming in the mail.

18 Likes

I think I’m closing in on 100. I haven’t actually bought too many yoyos recently, but when I became an adult I tracked down a lot of yoyos I was interested in when I first started back in 09

9 Likes

The cool thing about being an adult is you can do whatever you want. The bad thing about being an adult is you can do whatever you want.

23 Likes

Right. Sometimes I wish I was married to a woman who is excellent with money and she gave me a “fun money” allowance every pay day. Being a single guy with impulse purchasing problems can be self-destructive at times and even moreso when I got into yoyos.

10 Likes

Too many…but also not enough.

8 Likes

Over 100. My woman helps me buy them… it’s a problem

7 Likes

You need a big goal and strong desire to reach it. I mean, really big target, not just another yoyo. Something that will force you to start really count your hard-earned money. When you don`t have a big clear target, you will be inevitably distracted by a lot tiny ones, which will vaporise your money in splitsecond.
Big targets are giving an amazing feeling of a dream that have become reality. They require a lot of self-discipline, but rewarding greatly.

4 Likes