How many yo-yos do you have?

I’ve been doing a lot better with spending and impulse buying and my bank account has more in it than I ever thought was possible. The balance actually has a comma in it! I live extremely simply, my credit card balance is $0.00 and my credit score just reached the excellent level according to Credit Karma.

9 Likes

Uh… Not true for me. I am (legally) an adult and I sure as **** can’t do what I want.

7 Likes

I have around 30 yoyos, but I only had 5 when the covid lock down started. I know it is simply retail therapy, but there is very little else to look forward to during this pandemic.
Also my most expensive yoyo is a peregrine, so it is a pretty reasonable hobby/addiction!
If I was collecting antique Ferrari’s I would be much more concerned!
I should likely sell some before I buy more, but since there are mostly lower end yoyos, and almost all have some dings, it doesn’t seem worth the trouble.
Of course I just bought the 5a mystery box too!

10 Likes

155 CLYW’s, 20 A-RT are known as I keep a record of what I have there. Got others that I like, OD’s, MFD’s, YYF, Luftverk, .etc and pre-2000’s YYJ, Spintastics, Duncan, Buzz-On. I’m old and have been around these toys for a good while.

My good wife has no issues with them, I’ve been playing with them long before we met. I do want to downsize the others though and occasionally get round to posting them but I never find the time to do it properly.

8 Likes

Yeah you can do whatever you want. I didn’t say there wouldn’t be consequences though like divorce, jail, death, etc :grin:

4 Likes

just under 120… there’s a handful i’d maybe move, but i’d be looking for something slick

6 Likes

Around 180 for me. Most of them are YYR, CLYW, and A-RT

10 Likes

I have 12 in my case (11 holes, but one has two yoyos in it and they’re not loopers haha). I use those 99% of the time, though I have around 5-10 others floating around that I’m either thinking of getting rid of them or they are destination/display yoyos. Maybe a couple of those are broken as well, whoops! With the ones I play on a regular basis, I try to keep them in the case, though that’s starting to get kinda tricky, haha!

3 Likes

Im only at 12 and getting “why do you need so many of the same thing”

5 Likes

the ones i have most of are mfd, ilyy, clyw and antiyo… but there are ‘handfuls’ of so many other
clusters… oxy, general yo, or rso and a-rt… there’s so many across these i can find uniqueness in them all when playing them or holding them - for me
it’s easy being able to justify owning them. their nuances speak volumes

5 Likes

I have 5 display shelves full of Yoyos each containing 12. 2 of the shelves are for metals, 1 for wood, 1 for plastic, and the last is filled will sentimental throws (also some loopers they didn’t really fit anywhere else). I try to not have any extra throws besides the ones that go in these cases so if I get a new throw I like it replaces something in my case.

5 Likes

Way more than I can justify owning :rofl: Kind of afraid to take a count. However, it’s WAY less than what I had about 5-6 years ago. I was close to 500 or so at one point.

10 Likes

500?! Ok. Winner.

here i am thinking you’d cut it all down to the last 16 :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’m currently at 10, and I think it’s a good sign that I regularly use almost all of them.

2 Likes

I think I have about 40, but I no longer want to buy anymore.

But boy oh boy, do I want to make a whole lot more!

I can hardly wait until I can pick up my metal lathe next week.

23 Likes

congrats @Glenacius_K ! that sounds like a big move

1 Like

Thanks, mate! It’s a small used one just to get me started.

I will eventually be able to turn my own metal yoyos with it with any bearing and response setup I choose.

8 Likes

cool man, that’s fantastic to hear. onward and upward, i hope things keep
going well
glen

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, mate!

By the way; I’ve been meaning to say to you that your yoyo release looks excellent. Especially the ones with the engraved eyes - one of my favourite engravings in ages.

7 Likes