How do you keep track of your collection?

I hit a point where I couldn’t remember which yoyos I still had boxes for, so I started keeping track of them in Airtable: https://airtable.com/shrAtvtlxLd2aHR1W/tblHsFJ751chby3Ym/viwPJ1TA5N1VuAHm2?blocks=hide

Then I went a little nuts and found some pictures and filled in a ton of info about material/shape :smile:

Also if you want to do something like this, you can hit Copy Base in the top right and use my table as a starting point :v:

5 Likes

@codinghorror

6 Likes

Well; what I do is extremely simple.

When I see a box; I know I have a yoyo in it or for it.

When I see a yoyo; I know what the yoyo is. And I know I have the box.

:nerd_face:

6 Likes

Pretty much all my yoyos are in cases, not their factory boxes. The boxes are all stored away in a bigger box. I have Photoshop files with a grid of images and selected specs of all my throws (one file for plastic throws, and one file for metal throws).

3 Likes

I used Flexile to build a database on my iPad. I keep track of specs and make notes for my collection.

1 Like

I’m giving Yoyo Collector a try

http://yoyo.collectionhero.com/iamkeeler

Let’s you upload photos and add tags. Seems like they are working on a part to look up yoyo’s and work on the arpx value based on previous sales.

2 Likes

I just uh… keep most of em in a big display case and grab what I want to throw. No real tech or complicated process required.

5 Likes

I keep all my yoyos in a drawer to protect from sunlight and dust. Kind of separated by fixed axle, plastic and metal. All my throws good for fingerspins are in the same row. Other than that I dont worry about them. I dont like clutter, so boxes all go right into the recycle bin.

1 Like

Hmm, ■■■■ Runner to Ann Connolly Edge to Titanium Peak to Summit. Titanium Shutterzz. Good collection :smiley:

You gotta display your yo-yos! They are beautiful playable art!

I highly recommend Inexpensive DIY Wall Mounted Display

3 Likes

Sorry for the minor necro, I don’t get over here that much. I use a program called Collmate which I suppose is still available, but is no longer updated (latest news is from 2007). In fact, you have to keep a copy of the key around because a couple of times it has reset and I had to reenter the key (even had to pay for a new key once for no added value, grr). Still, it’s nice for the flexibility and detail it offers; here’s a screenshot:

Of course, once bit rot sets in I’ll have to migrate it; I have CSV copies of the data, for what it’s worth.

9 Likes

Wow thats super cool dude!

Im jealous of what seems to be a pretty sizeable collection. And with that many throws, having their info organized so we’ll is awesome.

Really dig how thorough the data is, including the diameter, weight, manufacturer, etc

Sweetness

only having 12

1 Like

I believe in free range yoyos. No tracking necessary!

5 Likes

:nerd_face: ALERT:

I have a Google Sheets spreadsheet that I record the data about my yoyos on.

I even keep track of where my yoyos go in my cases…

3 Likes

When I see a box for a yoyo I own I throw it away because it’s just a bit of cardboard and it’s the yoyo I’m interested in.

Interesting database though

I used the app Flexile on my iPad to build a database of my collection, with specs, notes, and all that good stuff.

I have a few different boxes. One box houses accessories like extra string, and individual boxes from yoyos. Another box is full of yoyos. I go through the box every now and then to make sure I’m not trying to buy a yoyo that I already own. For people that like mint condition yoyos the box of yoyos would probably give them extreme anxiety :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t own more than forty throws and thirty plus fit in my zero haliburton case there rest are Higbys in there own case. Pretty simple like Ed I open the case and grab a throw.

3 Likes

I throw the packaging away so I don’t need to worry about it, keep them all on a table in my yoyo studio and only take a few out at a time. Have lost a few over the years so wouldn’t recommend it.

1 Like