I just bought a $1000 yoyo

Anyone tried the something anglam series?

7 Likes

I haven’t tried it…but this would be a dope video… :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

9 Likes

I now see why you’re teaching your wife how to yoyo. It’s so you can buy a $1,000 yoyo and not wind up dead :grinning:

26 Likes

I have an Anglam PNCL - it’s very good, I had a couple other Anglam models and all I have left is the PNCL, I will probably get shot for saying this because it’s “unpopular,” but there wasn’t enough difference that I could “feel” to justify having multiples. Sure there are differences, but is it really that drastic…. I would suggest buying a used lower model first, making sure you like the shape, before you have regrets.

13 Likes

Just don’t buy it.

This is a sincere post.

26 Likes

You could get several excellent bimetal and Ti throws for the same amount…but it’s your money!

If you really wanna drop $1k at once, wait for the YYR lucky boxes later this year.

18 Likes

Buy 50 First Bases instead.

13 Likes

I would rather think about trying selling it, if 1k usd yoyo will be not good enough for keeping.

4 Likes

This is actually great advice. If you really want to spend 1k get one of the lucky boxes from yyr

7 Likes

If you are buying a $1000 yo-yo I can’t imagine that anyone’s estimation of how it PLAYS would be useful. Surely one buys a $1000 yo-yo for what it IS - a cool, rare, artifact from a niche within a niche (ultra high-end boutique modern metal yo-yo’s). No one could objectively say “oh yeah, this is for sure $700 better than a Fulvia” or “this is def better than 20 Shutters”. This was the case back when the Mg was introduced: “Is it really 20x better than a Freehand? Is it WORTH IT?” They’re impossible questions to answer - it’s worth it if it’s worth it to you!

If you want it for what it is and what it represents, for sure go for it! :slight_smile:

29 Likes

I agree I think most of the anglam models play very similar. I kept the original version because it already had damage on it and I knew I would play it.

6 Likes

That’s why I want it haha

5 Likes

I’m so weakkkkkkkkkkk :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Id be doing it more for the content and to compare to other yoyos

3 Likes

I was just thinking about some good content that could be made with a $1000 yoyo

3 Likes

Then good luck / just keep in mind the Anglam series don’t hold value - so it’s like buying a new car you are gonna take a huge hit on resale :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just want it for the content. Can think of alot of good video ideas haha

2 Likes

Oh i would keep it if I bought it. What makes these so expensive?

2 Likes

I mean Im down to watch this content since it’ll cost me nothing.
If you’re down to shell out the cash dont let all these people stop you. Just know what you’re getting into​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The man that designs them.

18 Likes