I HUBSTACKED MY HECTIC AND RESHAPED IT!!! Look on page 2

You can say I polished a turd! Lol! Really, this is the perfect example of polishing a turd!

Hey guys! My dad has a drill motor and I used it to satin my TOTALY beat Hectic! And I mean it was beat! Beat to the point that it vibed! I wish I had pics to show you it’s battle wounds!

The story: My yoyo bud Derek traded his Pyro for it. His pyro was kinda dinged because the flames cut the rims on the first throw and it speed across the room. He told the guy this and he said he didn’t care and gave him what he said was a Mint, just bought Hectic for his Pyro. The guy took off. Then Derek opens it up when he gets to his house and discovers that the inside near the bearing seat is beat! The guy scamed him. So derek got some sandpaper and sanded it down so it wouldn’t cut the string on every though. He did a good job. (You can see it in the second pic.) I bought it for 35 from Derek at a DXL meet. It had like 1 tiny ding. Then I sold it to a kid at school for 35, and it had like 2 tiny dings. Then that kid sold it to another kid at school for 25. It had like 6 dings in it. Then like 4 months later the kid comes up to me and asked me if I wanted to buy it back for 12 bucks. I said no thanks, that is a screamin deal though. But I think that is too good of a deal, I would feel like I would be rippin you off. Then he said,“Well buy it for as much as you want, here it is.” I looked at it and it didn’t have just dings along the rims. It was like the whole rims were like one huge ding! The whole yoyo was a ding! So I bought it for 12 bucks. Because it was dinged so badly I guess that was a decent deal. I took it home and my dad was gonna rim satin it for me. He rim satined one half. Then I told him to take the axle off with some pliers because it wouldn’t come off. I told him to grip the axle from the back so it wouldn’t screw up the threads that would go in the other half of the yoyo. So, instead of grabing the axle, he grabs the bearing seat thingy that goes around the axle! And twists it! The bearing seat thingy was totaly deformed! I somehow got the axle off but it seemed as if the yoyo was broken. My dad gave me 20 bucks because he felt bad that he killed my yoyo. One day, I picked up the yoyo, and satined the bearing seat thingy that was deformed untill it looked normal. Sure enough, it worked! the axle would go through! So, I myself rim satined the other half of the yoyo. Then I thought, hey, I am gonna rim satin it till the rims are almost flat! So I did! And it turned out great! I used some sand paper, the yoyo, and a longer axle, and the drill motor to do this! It took forever though! About 6 hrs! It had vibe when I got it, but after the rim job, the vibe didn’t increase! It acually stayed the same! So, I was successsfull! It plays great, it weighs less, it plays faster, and feels comfortable! I call it my Huge Dingo. It also looks kinda like a BVM! Anyway, thanks for readin!

Please comment!

This it what I did to the yoyo:

• Made it slightly thinner

• Made it smaller

• Made it have flat rims

Oh, and how much do you think this would sell for, not that I am gonna sell it, but what do you think I can get out of it. Thanks!

Here are some pics:

EDIT: I added some pics of when I reshaped the Hectic again! I also polished it and put a pgm axle in it! It looks mega cool! I might have it anoed and call it, The Bad Vibe!

That looks pretty neat actually. I didn’t want to read that super long thing, but is it smooth?

Well, it came with vibe. And then after the mod the vibe was still there. It stayed the same. :wink: But I am really happy with it! I didn’t know I had moddin skillz like that! Lol! But yeah, it feels like an oversized Dingo.

Btw. For those of you who read the thread, my dad let me keep the 20 bucks! Lol! ;D

thats awesome james

looks good. im glad you figured out how to fix it.

That’s awesome. How much would it cost to send my hectic in so u could do that to mine

Sorry, I would be afraid of screwing up your yoyo. :-[ But that would be cool though if I ran a modin business along with my string business!

Those are some very easy cuts to make on a lathe, peacockyo. Talk to one of our resident modders.

Great job, Jamesofyoyo.

that is cool, I think you should of took a pic of the Hectec that was a ding ;D
it could of been quite hilarious

Dang, that looks cool! Nice satining job. How much do you think it weighs now?

for some reason I can’t see the pictures :o

nice work on the mod, you untapped skills there.

Hey guys, as you can see I did an allaround satin on this thing! It looks sick! It plays even sicker! (sicker? Hmmm… not in my dictionary. :P) I am guessing it weighs like 64.8 grams! The pics don’t give this thing anough credit. It looks WAY better in person! I might get it anoed, and hopefully beadblasted by my bud.

Coolness. How bad does it vibe?

Not that bad. You can’t feel it on the string but you can on a grind.

That axle does not look good there, lol. But the yoyo looks really cool now. You know you can buy axles for fundaMETALS on YYN.

Really cool,it would be cool if you put hubstacks on it. Probably not possible though.

Yeah lol! I busted the axle so I used my pgm axle. I just ordered a regular axle for this thing on Friday. Hopefully it will come today. I might pay Alex Kim to ano this thing. (I know how people feel about him don’t bring it up.) I will hopefully get an ano like the red with the bandana I! Or the acid wash, or just whatever. (Go to the glasslab.com and scrool down to see what I mean about the red bandana ano.)

Oh, heres an idea! I might get a tt axle and stick it in the Hectic! Then it would have spikes! ;D

Wow, I was just on yyn looking at how to hubstack it. How ironic that you should say that lol!

Wow, I am getting no answers to this hubstacking thing. I know it takes sick skills but I want to see if I could stack it.

So far, this is all the info I have lol:
whoops, I removed link, sorry, forgot about this rule for a sec. :-[

That would be so awesome if you could hubstack it. But, it could give it vibe. Vendetta does some really sick annodizing jobs, if you’ve ever heard of him.