I have too much time on my hands

is this an app i can get on Mobile? and it’s called FL Studio?

2 Likes

No I was suggesting LMMS which is an open source clone of FL which is pretty pricey. You CAN get FL Studio Mobile is you need to be on a phone and not a computer.

3 Likes

Learning an instrument, building models like; trains, cars, boats, planes, Gunpla. Mini 4wd is a neat hobby. Photography is fun to get into. Learn how to cook. Learn how to sew, so you have the perfect outfit for your next punk rock show. Learn actual magic.

6 Likes

i actually do slight of hand but i don’t think i will pursue it anymore it became boring

3 Likes

Get multiple cheap old video game consoles and hack them to get unlimited access to as many games as you would like. 2DS XL and original Wii are both pretty simple to mod watching YouTube.

Start going on long walks listening to podcasts.

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of the Playstation Vita if you can find one for cheap enough. It’s simple to hack/mod and is just an amazing system. Too bad things didn’t work out for it better :frowning:

5 Likes

Well let’s try to remember back in 19XX, when I was 14.

1. Train the dog to do tricks, that were under appreciated. You know, pulling clothes of the clothesline, burying the neighbors barbecue utensils, finding wallets and bringing them home.

2. Train my brother to do tricks that were under appreciated. (Use your imagination.)

3. Work, small jobs, help Dad fix things around the house.

4. Walk around the neighborhood, help where I could.

5. Wax my parents car and clean it.

6. Find a bit of adventure every single day. (Unfortunately, the consequences were not always positive.)

7. I did woodworking.

8. The single most important thing: When discovering a new activity or hobby give it a chance, actually trying it, rather than discounting it.

9. Actually just going outdoors, staying outdoors all day. Often I didn’t start with anything to do, but I seemed to always find something unexpected that occupied my time and often carried over to the next day.

10. It is possible to teach a brother to fetch. Keep an open mind!:laughing:

Yeah I know, there are a few on the list that are more advise in staying busy but I’ve been skiing all day.

Oh yeah almost forgot:
11. SKIING

8 Likes

If you want to really get sucked into a completely new hobby, I suggest get into more STEM at your age:
1] Build a quadcopter, lots of tutorials online. Start out with simple/cheap parts and ask your parents to buy them over time.
2] Get into robotics: Lego Mindstorm, VEX robotics, etc. Join a local robotics group, or join the First Lego League yearly robotics competition. You can form your own team from other students in your homeschool community. You’ll learn tons of stuff.
By the time you reach college, you would have already prepared yourself for the Robomasters robotics competition (robomaster.com).
3] Learn 3D modeling. Lookup blender.org. Blender is one of the best open source/free 3D modeling software. Lots of tutorial in YouTube. You can then sell the assets you make online, build up a portfolio after awhile, then apply for internship at Disney Pixar one day, etc.
4] Learn to do coding. Lego Mindstorm and Vex Robotics involve programming (ie Pyton, Robotics C, etc).
Lookup www.hololens.com. Combine #3 and #4 above, and you’ll be setting yourself up as an engineer working in this kind of area which, trust me, will one day replace cellphones and tablets especially during your generation.

7 Likes

…and we all know it’s all about motivation. I just found out what the prize was for last year’s robomaster competition:

:ok_hand:

3 Likes

ooooh it’s not too difficult to learn fusion 360 and give yoyo design a try. Making something new is completely different from passively experiencing someone else’s ingenuity.

Fact: the best writers never stop reading

I suggest you (or anyone) pick up The Optimist’s Telescope by Bina Venkataraman. Its a super interesting and well-written… novel? It’s honestly more like a research essay disguised as a novel lol

4 Likes

Learn some physics lol, it quite fascinating and not as hard as you’d think.
Rotational dynamics make up the basis for yoyo design.

5 Likes

Origami!

6 Likes

Too much time on your hands? Crikey I really wish I did!

6 Likes

Another Vita player! I love my Vita, such an amazing console, if they only let you use regular micro SD cards for the memory it’d still be popular today.

You say you’ve modded yours?

3 Likes

You do much origami? Another favorite past time of mine.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, love my Vita. Just about my favorite gaming device of all time I think.

And it was really easy to mod it…I did it mainly so I could run gba/snes games on it. I’m currently making my way through the GBA rom hack Pokemon Glazed.

4 Likes

I use to do origami secretly in my desk cubby grade school. Not so much any more though. Occasionally I’ll fold some fun stuff. Last thing I folded was a llama. Lol

8 Likes

I enjoyed Origami there for awhile as well! It was really relaxing! I wasn’t all that good mind you, but there was a ton of awesome youtube tutorials for it.

3 Likes

Nice! It’s the best handheld console I’ve tried by a long shot. My favourite game to play on it is Helldivers and MGS3.

Have you heard of an LDK console? It’s basically a small handheld that is packed with emulators for NES, GB, SNES, Sega, PS1 etc. All you need to do is download some ROMs to put on ai and you’re set to go. I’m currently playing through earthbound.

3 Likes

@PCaliyoyos

7 Likes