I got tricked.

Man, my Gnarwhal is totally RUINED!!! Lets see:
18 scratches, and 5 dings.

IT’S A BEAUTIFUL THING!!! :cry:
I just don’t care anymore. That Gnarwhal has a special place in my heart. I had fun with throwing it around, not worrying about the terrain.

My Avalanche is another case tho… Mostly cause it’s annoying in your pocket. :smiley:

beater throw > mint throw

the more expensive/rare the beater is, the classier

Alright, I get the point. I already got another much larger scratch and I really don’t care about it.

Dang that’s crazy! Hope your mouth is alright.

I think I’ll go and buy a 5000 dollar Rolex and beat on it. Classy…

/sarcasm

You compare a 5000 dollar watch to a 50 dollar yoyo?

Seems legit.

THE ALMIGHTY Q SPEAKS! HEED HIS WORDS!

1 Like

Toys are meant to be played with… not placed in a glass case where you can only look at it. you begin to care less and less as you buy more yoyos and ding them. It’s usually the first ding that bums you out but the ones that follow aren’t really as bad as the first. I’ll be throwing and then… DING I look, assess the damage, continue playing. dont be too bummed.

Yoyo’s should not be abused but if someone goes out of their way to care with a yoyo to the point where it affect their play negatively I think that’s too far…

agreed

my throws have very few dings…but thats only because the majority of the places i throw are carpeted…otherwise they’d be covered in em! :slight_smile: I do have a dash thats pretty beat…but it’s hard to care when its a dash! ;D

This is completely correct. I mean, you buy a yoyo for $150, keep it in a case, then try to sell it later for $100. Everyone just should realize that a yoyo is meant to be played with. Dinging comes with playing.

I Kinda like to see my Throws lookin good, I mean yeah Scratches happen with a Hobby Like YoYoing. They come a dime a dozen, anyway Thats why I usually bring one of my Plastic Throws or one of my Metal Drifters just for the Dog Walking and what Have Ya’s. So in my Opinion your best bet would be to bring an extra Throw for the Dog Walks including your Main Throw. Good Luck

I just got a DV888 and in my first few days it got dinged and scratched but I’ve come to the conclusion that it will be my beater I will be more careful with my next all metal and I’m sure it happens to every one with their first all metal xP

Cars are meant to be driven, but who wouldn’t like a cherried out hot-rod? I don’t try to put my yoyos in a place where they could get damaged, and they rarely do. Some damage is unavoidable I agree, but I yoyo pretty hard, and have yet to actually give one of my yoyos a real ding. Unless of course, I’m doing 5a or 4a but I use plastics for that, and it’s less of a bummer.

I agree. As I said before I don’t think yoyos should be abused they should be treated like the 70+ dollar pieces of craftsmanship they are, but they should not be taken to the extreme that it affects the players performance negatively then that is taking it too far. I think that people should use plastics for practicing trick in which they will most likely damage their yoyo but that’s me if you don’t mind the dings that’s cool with me.

There’s nothing wrong with taking care of stuff and being responsible. Placing value on your money spent is a good idea. The amount of dinger yoyos in someones BST says a lot about their character.

Well, you aren’t very smart doing walk the dog on a hard surface. That’s your fault and your fault alone.

It sounds more like you dinged your mouth…

I don’t care what anyone says man. Your first decent metal yoyo, that first hard ding on concrete or something is devastating…my first metal was a dv888 too. The first time it hit the ground hard I swear it took my breath away. I was OMG. NOOOOO. but yeah, you get over it. After the first ding…its on like donkey kong. Once it finally loses the title of MIB you’ll throw alot better cause you won’t hold back. Wait til u get your first 120 dollar 28 stories CLYW or something. The first ding on those hurts a little worse, luckily I’ve dinged a many in my time or I would have been devastated when i gouged my wooly marmot I got on my birthday thursday.

“If it doesn’t effect the play, it’ll be okay!” (Repeat this mantra to yourself when you scratch a new throw)
99.9% effective

Don’t be too worried about the dv888, mine looks like it spent the weekend with Charlie Sheen and still is as smooth as the day i bought it. Great player for the price, it’ll take a lickin and keep on tickin.