I gave my friend my TiPower. I need help

I gave my friend my yoyo yesterday. I told him I would send him tutorials. Where should I start him?

4 Likes

I’d start him here:

Of course, start with the front throw/bind/catch, since the TiPower is unresponsive. This is a lot easier to teach in-person but you can do it with a video no problem. Next I normally teach the braintwister mount, braintwister, zipper, split bottom mount, and barrel rolls. After that, I start teaching breakway and trapeze, and you’re off to the races at that point.

If that’s not working out for him you might want to lend him a responsive yoyo to begin with, first.

3 Likes

My generosity level is very high. That’s really all I can say about my generosity.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Also, he’s not a beginner. He has played with yoyos before.

1 Like

If someone knows how to bind, or is eager to learn, then I see nothing wrong with giving them a TiPower.

2 Likes

Interesting. I personally only give people purple VTwos. I keep a number of them on hand to give out to anyone I meet.

(runs away)

6 Likes

Ha! Liar! You only gave me a purple-ish Dogma! :wink:

4 Likes

I know! And it didn’t even make the cut of your “here’s a picture of my yo-yo collection” … picture :sob:

2 Likes

It’s been in there for a while now. I keep shifting my yoyos around between various storage cases depending on how I feel like grouping them.

Humblebrag much? You don’t tell people how generous you are. It’s tacky. You could have just asked for advice for your friend, without belaboring how generous you are…

1 Like

Always good to hassle members over a single word. Makes everyone feel better about Facebook. We know what he meant. Now we know who the TRULY humble members are.

1 Like

I don’t hate the guy, it’s just tacky. We’ve all done it

I actually thought ZaYoBoy was poking fun at himself, and not being serious at all. I guess I read a different tone of voice? I could easily have been wrong, of course…

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was doing, making fun of myself.

1 Like

Yeah but he already edited it out? So what’s the big deal? It IS generous to give away your favorite yo-yo, so I for one say cheers :beers:

5 Likes

That’s all fine and dandy, there’s nothing wrong with being generous. And I see that he already edited it out, it just wasn’t when I first saw it. I guess I just took it the wrong way, because it was not clearly satirical. Anyway, not trying to be offencive, just offering some advice, that’s all.

1 Like

I’ll make sure to be more careful on how I type things.

Now I feel like I just sound like a poo head. Sorry fam, didn’t mean to ruin this for you. I was just trying to help

5 Likes

Frontstyle throw and bind, then barrel hops/flips/whatever they’re called. Tower eventually, rock the baby, all the little classics. Then either move to split the atom, but newbies can have a hard time with split bottom (I did), if so move them directly to breakaway, trapeze and bind, so they’ve got most of the basics covered and can start working their way up the tutorials.
That’s usually what I do when I teach people.

3 Likes

I’d just like to say that I’m sorry for my rudeness earlier in this thread.

I was unnecessarily heavy handed in my replies in response to @ZaYoBoy 's posts.

So I’d specifically like to say sorry to @ZaYoBoy.

5 Likes