I kinda need help.

Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here on Yoyoexpert. If some of you don’t know who I am, my name is Mikey, and I’ve been yoyoing for three years now, and I kinda need help. I just moved, and I am in a different school. I have made a few friends, and one of them named Sean is very interested in yoyoing. He said his cousin throws, and he goes on to here. (Anyone have a cousin named Sean?) I want to really get him in to it, but I do not know how. Can anyone help me out here?

Thats strange. At my old school I had a kid named Sean that was really interested in yoyoing too, but all he knew was stuff like Rock The Baby.
But maybe try to show him around on some YoYo websites and yoyo videos. then he could get like a YYJ Kickside to practice on. That might get him interested. :wink:

You can’t force anything on people and everyone has their own pace with things. Someone who likes yo-yos may practice for hours every day and have a burning desire to win contests, etc. Someone else might enjoy yo-yoing just as much but they are more easy going and realize they have their whole life to learn everything and they don’t care that they can only do “easy” tricks.

That being said I don’t know if he has a yo-yo already but I know that it never even occurred to me to really try until I was given one (even though beforehand I had admired the skill involved in even getting a yo-yo to come back to your hand-let alone real tricks). For me it was like the person saying “hey, you can do it too!” and actions speak a lot louder than words.
Another thing I don’t know if all newer people are like this but when I’m around experienced people I feel kinda intimidated and like I shouldn’t bother them or even really speak unless spoken to. I bog them down with dumb questions anyway but I try to respect the fact that they may not like baby-sitting a newbie all the time.
So try to get down to his level and you’re happy to teach him and show you genuinely want to be his friend, even if he’s not as experienced or likes to take things slowly.