I feel like I’m the worst player in the community

They’re not dolls! >:(
They’re highly articulate action figures!!

LEAVE ME ALONE! I’M A GROWN MAN AND I’LL PLAY WITH WHATEVER TOYS I WANT TO PLAY WITH!!!

8 Likes

Lol I feel personally attacked, as someone who’s currently checking eBay every day for a certain Funko Pop I want :joy:

5 Likes

For me, I feel this especially with my Eli Hops. For some reason after grinding it for months, I still can’t hit 10 consecutive Eli Hops in a row and make it look like the way the pros do it. My Eli Hops are aimed straight upwards rather than aimed towards the side, and I can’t comprehend how the pros can do Eli Hops parallel to the ground or even aim it towards the ground. Some people have nailed this trick when they’ve just started but I can’t seem to get it.

6 Likes

lol I have something like 40’ish Star Wars action figures :joy:

4 Likes

Interesting!

Sometime would you like to FaceTime? Maybe I could help you out if you’d like.

Personally, I love Eli hops. They’re a great trick to show off to non yoyoers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Sure thing! Though I think a zoom call or something similar would be better as I’m not in the US.

2 Likes

Mine are closer to “tiny statues” :wink:

Amiibo are strangely alluring and at the same time boast slim to nill function within games. I don’t need to “catch em all”, but certain character series are undeniable (Legend of Zelda, Castlevania, Metroid, etc)

4 Likes

Never got into Amiibo, but i have all the Star Wars figures for Disney Infinity :smiley:

3 Likes

I have no idea what the heck your talking about.
And I must say thank God For that.
Sounds complicated.
Have a nice day!

6 Likes

In the latest Doc Lucky’s Yo-Yo Talk while he is going through Pedro Flores’s Estate Collection, he has found written evidence that the Yo-Yo was actually a Pilipino weapon that pre dates Pedro’s arrival to the US. Lots of good stuff in this episode.

8 Likes

Pretty sure I would be no less “astonished” to see it used as a weapon of attack.
I mean I’m reasonably sure I could hurt someone with a rubber duck, but neither its design nor original intended purpose seem inherently suited to being “weaponized”. Needless to say, I’d love to travel back in time to see both what Rizal was demonstrating and if applicable, to see any combative origins.

And agreed, that was a super cool and informative episode! Thanks!

7 Likes

I like some Amiibo since I’m a Nintendo fan, but mainly just as little statues of characters I really like. The functionality is secondary to me, and honestly I bought some NFC cards on Amazon and use the app TagMo to write the amiibo data to a card so I don’t have to use the statue if I want to use it in game. Certain games make more use of it than others, like Monster Hunter you can get free items every day, same with BotW, and in Splatoon you can store weapon and clothing loadouts on cards to quickly switch gear.

I’m not gonna pay scalpers $80 for a Magnamalo though. Scalping has gotten ridiculous lately.

2 Likes

Those are all the ones I get the most mileage on too. I lucked out on the Mag, he came with the SE of the game.

2 Likes

Nice! I bought the game digital, like maybe a month ago, didn’t realize I was gonna love it so much so I didn’t get it sooner.

2 Likes

I knew it. It was a weapon but I’m sure it had to bigger n heavy

1 Like

That’s a totally rare skill set. Trust me I would know. Don’t mess with this guy in a bathtub please for the Love of God, I’m begging you!

3 Likes

N0702_large

6 Likes