I feel like I’m the worst player in the community

Love your comment

3 Likes

I’m not even comfortable considering myself “in the community” really. I tried making a video a couple of weeks ago for a friend and it took me about 2 hours to capture two tricks clean enough to share at all. More fun to just play that worry about that stuff.

7 Likes

How long have u been throwing?

1 Like

I’m terrible for how long I’ve been throwing! I’ve committed to seeing how good I can get though. Learning new tricks every week

8 Likes

If you spend two hours just to get a clean clip done then you absolutely are part of the community!

10 Likes

That’s what most of us think but we are all 100% better than when we were learning a sleeper.

9 Likes

this is very, very true!

4 Likes

I can do a bind. That’s better than most of the gen pop :wink:

8 Likes

Since like 98 and the yoyo boom got me hooked yes long time now. And urself

3 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

That’s a start

2 Likes

Only a year

1 Like

Wow that’s good. its amazing that yoyo is the oldest toy in the world so much history from weapons to skill toy

2 Likes

Not quite the oldest toy - the doll, for example, predates it by a solid stretch.
And the “weapon” origin is actually just a debunked marketing myth proliferated by Duncan as yo-yoing spread through the US.
But none of that makes yo-yoing’s history any less incredible or awesome.

8 Likes

To everyone saying “stick with it!”…I think that’s the key, and probably my biggest downfall with any skill based pursuit I get into.

It becomes incredibly difficult for me to stick with things once my motivation levels start to dip. I’m sure pretty much everyone is like this.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s really hard sometimes but you have to find something to spark that interest again. For me about the 6 month mark I started to get away from yoyoing and into cubing. Then I did lesson with Gentry and my motivation sparked again and has not stopped since!

6 Likes

that’s awesome :smiley:

I like your screenaname lol just saying! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Is that right. I was told that they were weapons from back then Filipino warriors used em. yes dolls are old as well

1 Like

Anyone with children in there lives can tell you - dolls can be warrior weapons too

3 Likes