I feel like I’m the worst player in the community

Fine by me. Let the catty attitude stay in that cat box.:wink:

8 Likes

I know like five tricks. I seriously enjoy making yoyo string more than actually playing with them. A combo of every trick I know strung together lasts about ten seconds, I know because it’s all I ever do. I’m honestly not super interested in learning a ton of new stuff to get better, sure I’ll pick up a trick now and then if I feel like it but I’m just here to have fun.

Does that make me less of a yoyoer? Maybe. But I don’t think so.

I think if you pick up a yoyo, and you throw it, and you enjoy it, then it doesn’t even matter if it comes back to your hand, as long as you’re having fun and a yoyo is involved you’re a yoyoer.

And you can always know I’m worse than any of you. :wink:

15 Likes

i’m so bad at walking the dog, my cat gets scared when i grab a yoyo

10 Likes

This is my take exactly. Playing to play is a completely respectable way to enjoy yoyo. Some people love the drive to always improve, but you can have a great time going in a totally different direction.

11 Likes

I don’t know very many specific tricks either. I just jumble together the little elements that make up the tricks I know. I can go about 20 - 25 seconds if I really focus. I don’t care about tricks, just moves and elements which I guess is what tricks are.

10 Likes

Guys the grass is always greener. If I learned anything from powerlifting it was that there is always someone stronger than you. Fighters also know there is always someone out there that can kick their ■■■. It is the way of the world.

Don’t let the success and progress of other get in the way of your own progression .

chin up and keep throwing.

13 Likes

I believe you’re referring to TikTube :wink:

I know because my daughter told me…

4 Likes

The terminology seems to be fluid. What lots of advanced players call a “trick” I call a “routine” (or maybe “sub-routine” since they are shorter than a full competition routine, but certainly longer than a “combo”).

7 Likes

This goes with anything you chose to do in life, JUST STICK WITH IT. I also do jiu-jitsu and 9/10 when someone quits its the new guy, when its just his first month. It’s because they think it just isn’t for them and they’re never going to get good. The majority of the guys I train with now were no good when they first started, like most people. Now they are the people who the new guys look at and say “I wish I was that good”. So moral of the story just stick with it. Oh and you can ALWAYS improve, no matter what you do in life

8 Likes

Come hang out with me for a while.

5 Likes

Lol :joy: whos the worst competition

4 Likes

Being great just puts a target on your back man. There’s always someone a little faster, a little better, just waiting to take you down. That’s why I always mess up tricks when I am around really good players.

6 Likes

Lol I always mess up when I’m trying to show family and friends, but I can nail it by myself.

10 Likes

Doesn’t matter how good you are or skill level. As long as you enjoy it that’s all that matters.

9 Likes

Exactly why I do not use the phrase “watch this.”

13 Likes

lol. I think that I would be the worst competition. not because I don’t know any good tricks. I do, I just don’t know how to put them together in a way that is visually appealing. but I’ve been yoyoing for a good 7 years now, and i just enjoy making tricks. I’m just not very good at it.

7 Likes

That’s a good point, never thought about that aspect of a freestyle

2 Likes

LOL, that’s what I always say.

2 Likes

I should be learning new tricks but have a hard time with slacks and the crazier stuff I think everyone has thr own style i have 3 tricks I made up of my own and I love to throw and do all kinds of tricks I’m happy tho if anyone wants a video here is a link tell me what u think

5 Likes
4 Likes