I feel like I’m the worst player in the community

I see the Vids other people upload and think I’m nowhere near that. I’m still learning the basics! Anyone else feel the same?

24 Likes

Same.

22 Likes

Is that a joke? I see you very active in the forum, posting nice pictures, I tought you were a pro.

But if isn’t a joke… Obviously me… hahahahah

One day we will get better, I’m sure. Today was the first day I throw for pure fun and joy…not trying to accomplish any trick, just having a good time.

12 Likes

No way… Among all yoyo tricks videos, yours is one of the best. But your ending face makes me fell bad. I almost can hear you say: “take that, Noob.”

9 Likes

lol.
The thing is that everyone sucks when compared to others. Hope OP is not too hard on themselves. Yoyoing is genuinely fun, regardless of your skill level.

22 Likes

I used to feel the same way back when I compared myself and others. In terms of skill. Collections. Whatever. I have enjoyed it more since I stopped comparing. It’s not fair to myself for a number of reasons, just not realistic because of my age, available time, lack of interest in competing, etc. I respect what others can do but am not going to let myself feel crappy about the gap in skill because, really, why bother?

18 Likes

Don’t compare yourself to others; every one of us progress at our own pace.

I’m two and a half years in (not counting my rubbish attempts in the early 90’s) and still consider myself a beginner.

Just keep at it and remember - it’s all for fun.

20 Likes

I’ll be “learning the basics” until the day I die!!!

19 Likes

Kept missing my damn 1.5 today

5 Likes

How about everyone who posts in this thread each agree that they are the worst. That way a whole lot of the forum is “the worst” so that no one player is? :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Everyone on Saturday night live days when they got there they felt like an imposter

4 Likes

Trust me buddy I’m much worse than you or y’all. But I still keep plugging along. Practice , practice, and practice. I’ll get there one day until then I’m just having fun. I do this to relax because you can’t drink bourbon all day every day. Ya feel me?

19 Likes

Both at the same time are fun though

5 Likes

Sure? I mixed yoyoing and drinking hard stuff once and that was the only time I took a throw to the mug. So I haven’t done that again.

14 Likes

Sounds like you almost landed it lol

7 Likes

I’d say either:

1. Embrace that feeling that you suck and use it to fuel your drive and passion to get better or…

2. Reject that feeling knowing everyone has felt that way and that objectively isn’t true in your case. Then keep playing and just have fun or…

3. Do some combination of the above.

16 Likes

There’s always blunt cold abandonment jk

3 Likes

Same here. I don’t even like to watch tutorials. ‘begin in this amount’, “but I don’t know that mount!” but it is also fun to start at horrible and get better.
I wanted to learn 4a, but due to covid, a 4a yoyo has yet to arrive.
So I used a YYF whip. I must have thrown it 300 times before I even caught one. And I loved feeling that useless. But now I can catch the whip almost every toss, so the 4a yoyo that’s coming should seem easy.
Revel in the learning.

19 Likes

Stoked on your 4a progress. Keep it up man

6 Likes

To compare is to despair. Reality of missed tricks can never compare to Instagram or YYE Forum highlight reels.

9 Likes