I don't have yoyo lube or lighter fluid, is there any other substitutes?

Hey! I my yoyo has became responsive and I looked up how to make it back to normal, I found that I need yoyo lube or lighter fluid… I do not have any of these. Does anyone know any other substitutes for yoyo lube?

3 Likes

good thing you came over here, yoyo lube will make your bearing more responsive no matter the type and lighter fluid IN the bearing will cause a bunch of issues. look up how to properly clean a bearing (yotricks and brandon vu have some pretty good tutorials), and if you don’t have lighter fluid to clean it use 100% acetone

edit: follow the tutorials step by step, only use thin lube after a bearing is fully cleaned, and even then don’t use a full drop. no substitutes are better than the real thing

3 Likes

Acetone(nail polish remover), isopropyl alcohol, soap and water works also

5 Likes

soap and water is fine 90% of the time. deshield the bearing, put a lil soap in there and rub it in, blast it with hot water (as high pressure as you can). rinse thoroughly, dry (very) thoroughly, then lube or run dry. i used to only use acetone but i don’t bother anymore when i can just walk to the kitchen and clean a bearing in 20 seconds and not deal with chemicals.

6 Likes

I use sewing machine lube and i’ve not had issues save for it being thicker than ideal for 1a play. It works fine enough for me, though i’d not use it on my more expensive throws

This has worked for me sometimes. Kinda depends on what’s clogging up the bearing.

2 Likes