I just got a yoyo that became responsive after only one hour

1 Like

It just happens sometimes, unscrew the yoyo, take out the beating and clean it a little and it will be unresponsive again.

1 Like

Thank you

do I have to desheild my bering

nope just in a solvent for like 20 minutes and shake it a few times during that period.

what do you mean by shake it

like usually I put the bearing in alcohol in a jar and shake the jar but if you are using a glass you can like swirl it. You just want to agitate the bearing and solvent some

I thought I could use lighter fluid

Lighter fluid will work. I’ve personally had the best luck with acetone but some people hate it. Any solvent will work. The more pure, the better.

1 Like

Alcohol 90%+, acetone, lighter fluid are all good. I prefer acetone but I just use whatever is under my sink which is 99% alcohol usually.

Do NOT use nail polish remover

1 Like

are there any alterniteve lubes

Shows you how to clean your bearing and make your own lube out of household ingredients.

If you’re looking for “alternative” in the sense of something nontraditional, there are dry lubes like Terrapin, or something more in-between like YYF Dark Matter. I haven’t tried any of these myself, though.

I heard that dark matter will ruin your yoyo bearing

I see no reason to over-complicate this or to deviate from what’s tried and true here. The only thing I might do different than the video is buying some premade thin lube. You know the consistency is right, and unless you go pro, it’ll last forever (just be sure to use a straight pin/needle to drop 1/2-1 drop into the ball bearing - no more).