I don’t understand the love for all the “organic” throws

Yea that’s a good way of looking at it TeeJay. I actually don’t use a ‘full’ hard throw when I jam because I don’t need the modern day spin for days duration. 40 seconds is good enough to me. Plus I don’t need the yoyo rocketing into my knuckles either if I mess up bad enough lol. Can also bang out a ‘lot’ with just a pull start so yea - when spin time becomes less of a requirement in your throwing - the loss isn’t missed. The feeling you get in having that control in your hands becomes addictive.

Also to note - theres a lot of diff flow variations that you can mess with at each stage of your throws spin rpms. When you have low rpm, this lends itself to a totally diff way of jaming (especially if your setup is already responsive), so long as you get control enough in your hands. Let’s you get rreeallll loose when you can kinda let your tensity of mount follow the throws natural movement. Kinda like riding moguls on a ski hill. When you get accustomed to letting your knees and hips react to the hill variation, while maintaining hip to head stable placement, you get a ton of control. It’s the same idea.

Also, much more important to note. That tilt is correctable. You don’t have to have a full on straight aligned throw orientation at all times. when you shift either your right or left and forward, the throw tilts in diff directions. You can use that to your advantage. You’ll notice a lot of players might just bind the yoyo after getting too off plane or after getting a nudge. If you use some good pinwheels or rolls just right, you can correct that tilt almost instantly. Having THAT control at your disposal is a gggoooooodddd feeling. Kinda like when you first get good at driving stick shift in a car or being able to jam on a fixed gear bike vs geared bike.

21 Likes