I can’t bind

Dude, your so close, good luck and welcome along.
All of a sudden your have the epiphany moment, all will become clear and yo-yo will make sense.
I will add this, don’t pinch the string until your hands are level, then slowly feed the tail in. You’ll then feel it jump up.
All the best :+1:

2 Likes

The straight throw comes with practice, it’s something you’ll naturally develope👍
And the speed will in turn follow.

1 Like

You’re closer than you think to getting. In your video you have a pretty decent sleeper but can tell you’re not throwing much power into it. Practice the throw too!

2 Likes

If you are not getting enough spin it’s because you need to practice your throws. Get down that snap of the wrist and really straight throws. Practice sleepers and try to keep getting them longer and longer. I’m truly excited because you are inches from the finish line. If you feel yourself getting too frustrated take a break. Everyone on this forum went through exactly what you are going through.

1 Like

Whenever I wrap the string on my throwing hand around the yoyo the yoyo starts to spin sideways.

Whenever I pinch the string the yoyo starts to tilt and turn sideways. Please help me.

1 Like

You have to keep both hands in line with the yoyo. If the throw a hard sleeper, put the yoyo on the string as if you are goin to bind. Then move your throw hand left and right and that will give you a feel for how it tilts and how to correct it.

4 Likes

How long does it take to learn how to bind?

1 Like

I taught my neighbor in about 2 minutes or less but that was in person where I could teach him more effectively.

The pinch is just the way some people prefer to teach binding. I have never seen a real need for it and never pinch. I’d like to be pinched though.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying for 3 hours now and still can’t get it. The twisted string just makes it worse. Whenever I throw sleeper the yoyo immediately starts spinning sideways. I still don’t feel any tug. I’m rushed to pull up the yoyo because the yoyo starts spinning sideways. This is getting really frustrating and annoying.

I’d say give it up for today my friend. If the fun stops, stop!
Try again tomorrow, took my sister a while (week on and off) so don’t get down.
Relax, watch some tutorials and come back refreshed.
I find yoyo is my way to relax and zen out. It’ll come. Good luck dude.:+1:

1 Like

It should not tilt sideways if you are throwing straight and with enough force. Just lay on the couch and watch sleeper and bind tutorials.

1 Like

Try it this way.

4 Likes

Honestly, you need to focus more on developing a better, smoother, throw down.

Your video shows no workable throw down power. You are almost just letting the yo-yo drop.

You need power so you can direct it.

You need to ‘wind up’ and toss that sucker… down.

I will make a rare video of old Mo tossing and binding.

It’s understandable as a beginner you’re not gonna be cranking out lightning bolt throws. But before you really learn how to bind, you need to get some juice going to the throwdown importing enough energy to the yo-yo so that you can navigate it. Without generating enough power on the throwdown you can’t expect to accomplish more after that.

Be back shortly… we’ll get you going…

5 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

My sleepers are good. I tested it out myself. When I threw it the sleeper lasted for a long time. My problem is when I wrap the string around the yo-yo as soon as the string makes contact the yo-yo goes wonky.

Guys!!! It’s a miracle! I used @Oroboryo technique and it worked! And I also found the problem with my yo-yo twisting up. It’s just that the string was twisted up too much. But I’m still not consistent with @Oroboryo technique. Thanks so much for all your help!

5 Likes

Your technique helped!

2 Likes

Sad thing is it only worked once.