Hybrid: X-ConVict, DM, New Breed, or Hitman.

Okay so I want to buy my first hybrid and I’m unsure about what to get. I want a yoyo that can grow with me as I gain skill. Good for string technical string tricks, but also good for learning advanced to master tricks. So if anyone could give me an idea to which yoyo I mentioned in my title that would fill some of those categories I’d appreciate it!

Is your fave yoyo one that you own? Because if so you dont need one of these.

1. do you mean hybrid as in response? (If so take out X-conVict and New Breed) and if you mean plastic/metal hybrid then I’d say go with an O-ring Hitman or X-con… That way you can start out a little more responsive then Shim and silly it for a more advanced throw…

I suggest these because A) I find Hybrid response yoyos snaggy and the New is stock super unresponsive so not alot of growing with you…

Good luck

Nope I don’t have a dv888. I just threw my friends around and loved it =P

I did mean metal rim/plastic body.

I can bind pretty well already. By growing with me I meant having the flexibility to do the kinds of tricks that I feel like doing at that point in time.

Also I heard that the X-Con requires modding to reach it’s full capability… True?

Kind of… I mean… silicone and shims… All of which you can buy here on the site when you buy the X-ConVict…

I think one set of red shims should do the trick…

Okay thanks!

What’s the advantage of a hybrid yoyo? As in response… never figured that out.

Theres really no advantage or dis-advantage… It all comes down to preference… It plays different than lets say a silliconed yoyo and some people prefer the play you get with a Hybrid where as people like me prefer the silicone…