Hybrid vs. bimetal

I have been playing with an iceberg for a while, and now i have a marco. I’m not sure which is better.

1 Like

never tried marco, but i reaaly love iceberg

I own both. Personally I much rather play the Iceberg, as the shape and feel is much more in my wheelhouse.

I too own both and I love the iceberg so much more then the macro

2 Likes

They’re really different designs, material aside, so comparing them is kinda apples to oranges.

I personally much prefer my Iceberg but wide boi fans love the Marco.

If you really want to compare bimetal to hybrid, you’d have to compare the Iceberg to a bimetal closer to the same shape like the Surveillance.

2 Likes

I like both. I like hybrids a little bit more since i always tend to gravitate towards plastic yoyos.

The only downside to hybrids is that they can be specially fragile. So yeah, that’s a thing to consider when choosing.

1 Like

Agreed, but have you broken a hybrid before? :thinking:

1 Like

So I might just be ignorant here, but are hybrids and bimetals two different types of yo-yos, or two different types of the same yoyo design here?

I’m genuinely asking.

Hybrid is like the YYJ stuff of plastic and metal, and bi metal is metal and metal. Newer hybrids are the bees knees.

1 Like

Ahhhhh word hahaha. It’s been a minute. Thanks!

If you can get your hands on a iceberg, definitely try it.

1 Like

Yeah the term “hybrid” doesn’t really communicate anything in a void lolol. I feel like it’s just sticking around until someone stumbles upon a better term that sticks.

My favorite hybrid as it stands is the Phenomizm and bimetal is the OG berserker, but I’ve yet to throw a Draupnir.

I should probably get on that…

1 Like

Not broken as unusable, but one ding puts some nasty vibe on them.

2 Likes