hubstacked yoyos

Hey guys, im thinking whether to buy a PGM or a 888x for my next trip to Spinworkx (Singapore) as I thought I might as well start playing with hubstacks. I have never had an experience with hubstacks before and i can do tricks up to the expert 2 level and hourglass. So im wondering if i i should get a hubstacked yoyo or a yoyo without hubstacks. If you choose a yoyo without hubstacks, please give a suggestion as to which yoyo to choose. Thanks.

if you want hubstacks totally get the 888 its full metal plays great and has no vibe and is very good at grinding so i voted 888

Do you have a yoyo with a hubstack before?
Do you want it badly?
People often say hubstack are boring, but for me, they are fine feature, and has a nice function.
For me, if i had the money, i will pick 888x, G5, or skyline.
Hubstack are nice.

Do you have a yoyo with a hubstack before?
Do you want it badly?
People often say hubstack are boring, but for me, they are fine feature, and has a nice function.
For me, if i had the money, i will pick 888x, G5, or skyline.
Hubstack are nice.

I’d say either get a 888 or a G5. Those are my two favorite yoyos with stacks.

well i think the 888x curves a bit when in play and then begins to spin out so i dont really like it if you want an all metal yoyo with hubstacks i call the skyline i have 2 there awsome i also have 888x not as good as skyline in my opinion

i think the 888 is a better overall yo-yo, but if you want to focus on using the hubstacks, the g5 can’t be beat imo. while the stacks on the 888 and pgm work fine, on the 888 they’re more deeply recessed into the body and so harder to pinch in the air (also the 888 wobbles like a drunk with z-stacks, whereas the g5 stays smooth). the pgm is a good yo-yo, but its wide profile makes dynamic hubstack tricks tough as well.

LMAO!!!

ed always makes great suggestions

but i would say get a dna if they have them. then trade it to me… jk… or if you dont like it, you still can trade it to me.

but i think DNA is the best all around player of the yyf hubstacked lineup. 888x is smooth, but the spin time isnot very much. plus, with the hubstacks, it plays slow.

If you are going to invest in a Hubstack yo-yo then might as well go for a metal. The PGM’s hubstacks are attached to the axle (so I heard) and are gonna be hard to remove when you find them a nuisance.

Hubstacks are fun but if you are looking for catching tricks then use Z-Stack yo-yos like the G5.

funny thing is, I don’t even keep the hubstacks ON my G5. But it is good with them. I just hate how I can’t tell how much spin it has left in it. I could even look past the loudness of it then. But yeah, G5 FTW.

Now playing: Daughtry - Home
via FoxyTunes

that is true. the hubstacks make it seem like it is extra loud with a lot of spin left, but that isn’t alwyas the case.