hubstacked chief

Hubstacks? No

Matador spikes? Yes

1 Like

really should have these on the market

How about Chief with a brain?

define brain?

The chief is a strange bird. Some days I can’t do anything with it and I wonder why I ever bought it. Some days it feels perfect and all my other throws feel like lead weights. It has stayed in my collection longer than most however, so that must mean something. I usually get tired, sell, and move onto something new without ever looking back.

That said, I would never add ~4 more grams of center weight to a Chief even if I did like hubstacks. Some peeps really like those super heavy side effects, so that just goes to prove different strokes for different folks. Ultra-lights all day for me. The only yoyo I have ever felt was improved and not adversely affected by such concentrated center weight is the DNA. It felt all wrong without the hubstacks to me. The code 2 on the other hand feels awesome when you put glowsticks in the cups (have to have ultra lights as they sit flush). It adds a lot of weight, yet isn’t so centered so it gives it a much more balanced feel. The chief however feels like garbage IMO with the same glowsticks installed in the same manner or between the double rims. My Chief also felt like garbage with every attempt at adding varying amounts of silicone (mixed with glow powder =P) to either the rims or center section around nipple. In my experience, the Chief has not reacted well to any attempts at weight modification. /end babble