hubstacked chief

Awesome, but could you make my flame green?

Thats kinda my dying wish.

As a one-off mod, absolutely. For a production run? Absolutely not.

Hubstacks are a novelty for the majority of throwers due to the difficulty of incorporating them into combos smoothly. Of course there are a few good uses for them, but on the whole they just create stack-drag and make noise. The Chief is a competition throw and really doesn’t need anything slowing it down.

Of course many competition throws have hubstacked versions (Genesis, Superstar, DNA?), but you rarely see anyone compete with the stacks installed. That’s for a very good reason. Why make a great yoyo slower while only adding a very limited and “done-to-death” series of tricks to it’s potential repertoire?

So what if they do not like the yoyo that much! different people like different things!
I do not like the dynamo, But that is just my opinion!

A hubstacked chief would probably kill it, but I have not tried it.

I take it you haven’t thrown a chief lol

Is saying they suck even an opinion? Seems more like he had a bad experience with one or better yet never thrown one and is judging by book cover lol. You’re right tho he has his right to his opinion but if he thinks it sucks and needs weight add glow mods not hubstacks lol he must not think it sucks if with hubstacks he would throw it. Would hubstacks really change the shape of chief other then weight? He would still be throwing a chief, that “sucks”. I’m not gonna lie him saying it sucks offended me cause its a Yoyo that anyone who throws should like. How couldn’t you like something so stable and fast?

Ive owned 3 and I dont like them personally. All hype

Wait you’ve owned 3? So not just Not 1 but 3? Hmm You must have liked something about it to have aquired it more then once. Ill admit the chief isn’t my go to throw but there’s no complaints you don’t have to like it but if you think it sucks then I would love to know why? You must have some good reason which makes me curious.

The chief is a awesome yoyo but when you put hub stacks on a chief it will be horrible

they could at least make a chief + in have a minor sale to see reception at let people play and test with our assumptions cause i love the genesis plus in comparison to the genesis but the grind machine 2 is the best.

I owned 2 at the same time and traded them. The other I got to give a friend and im trading for one now but its going to my bst as soon as I get it. I have owned tons of yoyos and honestly I liked the chief the least out of most of them. I think the hype they get is dumb and honestly it isnt anything special. I guess saying “sucks” isnt the right word. I would say average at the best. People praise it like its the most stable, longest spinning yoyo ever. I think the Freq. wave is he perfected chief. I like the shape and specs of the chief but its way too light feeling for the size.

I don’t think any CLYW yoyo needs hubstacks. As stated earlier, hubstacks are mainly a novelty and become annoying after 5 minutes of play…

yyf fanboys pls go

clyw fanboys pls go

butthurt morons pls go

advocates for objectivity regarding their own views pls go

1 Like

Try the the 7075. 68 grams, and Hulk Smash colorway. What’s not to like?

1 Like

Words of wisdom.

Only if they made better hubstacks that were actually possible to use fluidly with relative ease. Imagine the horizontal finger grind tricks that C3 popularized only they aren’t limited to 2-3 touches before the yoyo runs out of spin. Then imagine a dozen other ways to use hubstacks that hasn’t been done and played out already. The only reason hubstacks are a novelty is because no one explored them thoroughly, and partially because they’re hard as heck to use in a cool way.

I hear the Madhouse Epic stacks were actually useful, shame I never tried one.

Exactly.

I don’t see the point for all this rejection anyway. It’s like, “Hubstacks on a yoyo we love? NO.” There’s already a small peg in the center, why not make it into one that can hold hubstacks? The way I see it, the modification probably wouldn’t even effect play, and last I checked, hubstacks could be removed.

I’m not saying hubstacks are useful for anything, but I don’t see why everyone thinks this is such a bad idea.

1 Like

YES