Hspin is back!

Yoyo is super expensive for a monometal but still looks interesting!

17 Likes

Tbh I do not care to create flame, this is just ridiculous, a very old brand come back with a 120$ monometal with a super outdated design and also, this one in their shop

1416£ which is more than 1500$ loool

Obviously no one is forced to buy it but is just ridiculous lmao I think they can play themselves with their yoyos, plenty of better choices in the market

6 Likes

True! I thought the same that this is absurd but its made in switzerland so Im sure they just couldnt manage getting the prices down.
Hydrangea and a-rt have similar prices.

That one item is just a collectors piece though.

2 Likes

Made in Switzerland is pretty cool

6 Likes

It seems the Handquake 2 is manufactured in Switzerland. That is pretty likely to impact the price tag on these, even though I suspect the batch to be pretty large.

I like many of hspin’s designs, I may have a weak spot for them. The Handquake 2 is no exception, a beautiful yoyo.

However, I’m not so sure about the wide bearing wall, a result of normal 19mm pads with a D bearing.

The CUT also had such thick walls and I was not very fond of the response.
A 5mm gap with recessed pads and such thick walls… not sure if snappy binds will be possible. But prove me wrong! :heart:

However, the accompanying product text to my taste is a bit too self-flattering. We know hspin played an integral role in pushing yoyo design, but in the end, it’s an aluminum yoyo. Nothing special by today’s standards.

9 Likes

They pay easily/price a hand painted peak at $1000~2000 and for me it’s absolutely ridiculous because I’m not that much of a fan of CLYW, but I’m a fan of Hspin, and for me $1800 on an OG all black handquake that It belonged to the owner of the brand (those that were sold were blue and black) it is a fair price :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Personally, I find out to be very exciting news… The new hand quake two.

I remember way back when Chris started designing and making yo-yos. He was already a Working professional, that generates income, having absolutely nothing to do or needing to do with making yo-yos. But he’s always had a penchant for tinkering with things Simply because of his adventurous and adventive nature.

When Hspin Landed in the yo-yo world, I had been pretty busy modifying any yo-yo that I could hold still.

When I saw the original handshake, it was instant love at first sight. Because it was nothing like anything I was customizing, but looked just about exactly the way I envisioned a no nonsense, yo-yo that wasn’t any bigger or heavier than it needed to be.

I contacted Hspin And immediately got along with Chris like I had already known him for years. Such an easy-going and intelligent guy. No dust collects on that guy.

I still have my Original Handquakes. Every time I look at them the 20+ years that have passed vanish in a second. My mind is transported back to when I got the first one in the mail from Switzerland. I still remember how cool it was when I opened the box and took out the little yo-yo.

And here we are…. Another lap around the block…

12 Likes

Switzerland is Switzerland, it is not Uranus and that yoyo, in addition to having prehistoric characteristics, is not made of adamantium and vivranium… anyone who spends such a sum for such an object should be required by law to have legal guardianship of their assets!

3 Likes

I used to have the SaveDeth versions which I’m pretty sure was either a good and evil 4 or 5. Three of them, I traded the last one to the drop bear guy. He went to Switzerland on a business trip and ended up either selling or trading it to a local who couldn’t get it in his own country.
I got a Minox B out of the deal couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes

It was a good and evil 4 and came with a 4 mm wide bearing as opposed to the stock 5 mm in the black or silver lilies

2 Likes

I suggest you get some quotes from Swiss machining shops for yoyo halves. On the positive side of things, YYE’s Discourse software will enable you to rid your post of any pre-inquiry foolishness.

Granted, a 140€ monometal is expensive and as I wrote earlier I suspect Chris to have made quite a large batch of these which reduces per half cost, but still, comparing this to Chinese made yoyos in terms of cost is not clever.

8 Likes

I paid 125ish usd. And that was to @SethP and I bought a pair. Cause you gotta have solid colors. He delivered to me at Nats. Man remember Chico?? Anyway 140 seems par for the course. I remember backspin from these guys.

3 Likes

I really think it’s not a point to worry about.

Even in the collective consensus that everyone finds it expensive, pricing is free choice. It’s his price. Buy whoever wants to buy.

Just for an example: YYR syfo/fyfo, a TP Solenoid, Old CLYW, Duncan yoyos made by OD, G2, Monkeyfinger etc;
All hecking expensive monometals and people bought in the past and in present keep buying HEAVILY.

Personally, I find it to be very exciting news… The new hand quake two.

I remember way back when Chris started designing and making yo-yos. He was already a Working professional, that generates income, having absolutely nothing to do or needing to do with making yo-yos. But he’s always had a penchant for tinkering with things Simply because of his adventurous and adventive nature.

When Hspin Landed in a yo-yo world, I had been pretty busy modifying any yo-yo that I could hold still.

When I saw the original handshake, it was instant love at first sight. Because it was nothing like anything I was customizing, but looked just about exactly the way I envisioned no nonsense, yo-yo that wasn’t any bigger or heavier than it needed to be.

I contacted Hspin And immediately got along with Chris like I had already known him for years. Such an easy-going and intelligent guy. No dust collects on that guy.

I still have my Original Handquakes. Every time I look at them the 25 years that have passed vanish in a second. My mind is transported back to when I got the first one in the mail from Switzerland. I still remember how cool it was when I opened the box and took out the little yo-yo.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry, this design would have attracted the Spinworthy Glen of 14 years ago, not the one of today.

2 Likes

On the one hand, this is exciting news.

On the other hand, the Handquake 2 already dropped, in 2004

4 Likes

Yes, but all good modern ones.

Except that it’s not the same yoyo as is currently offered as a handquake 2. While the 2004 release is called a handquake 2 it has a subtitle of G&E, and the picture is clearly an organic as was the G&E and the handquake 2 is clearly not an organic.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on there, that’s a large dividing space between the bearing and the response. Hopefully that has been thoroughly tested. I fear binds may be slightly odd.

Honestly if they came back presenting something more like the OG handquake I would be really interested. Not enough to spend nearly 2k on one though.

The handquake 2 on the site doesn’t really hit enough points to help me justify the price tag in my head.