How to sleep YYJ DM2 for longer?

At mine and his level that would be quite the accomplishment I think. I can only do and couple mounts/tricks when using responsive before it spins out from strings slowing it down. I find the gap to be extremely narrow with the responsive bearing. I may be wrong but seems smaller than my other cheap responsive throws.

My longest combo is brain twister to split the atom or brain twister to barrel rolls. I know the transitions between them aren’t pretty but that’s where I started and only been throwing couple weeks.

So it isn’t just me? Am I correct in assuming you are also using the DM2?

It was my first throw that bought few weeks ago. Once I started binding I bought the chief to play unresponsive and put the standard bearing back in the DM2 way can use it responsive only. It’s better suited unresponsive but until I research what the best unresponsive yoyo for me is I’ll keep it this way.

1 Like

Ah ok. I’ve just put the speed bearing in my DM2 and i’m already performing brain twister better. My yoyo is no longer running out of steam half way through. It looks like this is the way to play…

My opinion, since you’re starting out is to put the DM2 aside for now and work on simple tricks (braintwister, trapeze) using an imperial (proyo, bumblebee, etc). It helped me by leaps and bounds as it teaches me how to throw straight and strong, and improves string landing skills.

I have nothing against the DM2, it’s a great throw that every spinner should experience, but getting the fundamentals down is a sure way of moving forward.

1 Like

Oh yea much faster and the strings have a lot more room to keep it from slowing down. I just like doing some responsive tricks at times too. Like stop and go for example. You’ll find yoyoing much more enjoyable and frustrating with the speed bearing. Once you get to advanced/expert tutorials tricks will take longer to learn. That’s when I take a break and go back to smoothing out others that I’ve learned.

1 Like