How to reshape?

What tool would you need to reshape a yoyo?
I don’t haz lathe. D:

You can just use a drill to reshape. As for the tools you can use sandpaper or any other things like that. When I reshaped my freehand I made it look like a dv888. The sandpaper can take very long though so if you are flat rimming I recomend pressing the edge of a knife down and that will maake it go much faster.

1 Like

Do you have a drill press? If not you can just use a drill.

A knife? I’ll try that.
Yeah I tried sandpaper already.
How did your freehand go? Thats the yoyo i’m trying to reshape.

Like I said the sand paper will take a long time. My freehand actually went really well though. It gave it a small amount of vibe though. I kind of rushed it though and did a little sloppy job. If you take your time it will be fine

Sandpaper = bad idea. It will cause a vibe every time. Reason is you can’t take the exact amount of the yoyo all the way around the circumference. It will end up vibing worse than a stock FHZ.

My suggestion is sending it to someone that has a lathe. The precision of a lathe will ensure that your yoyo will not vibe any worse than it did stock.

^Exactly

Support your local/not-so-local modder.

I’ve flat rimmed on a drill the the FH2 didin’t vibe at all. I use a Jack Knife.

Some people get lucky.

I did it 2 times without vibe.

Jack Knife?

A jack knife is just like any other pocket knife.

Do you go to High School? If so, talk to the shop teacher and see if he wants to help you out with a drill press or lathe. Chances are he’ll actually be happy to do so.
They tend to like that kind of thing.

Edit: Oops, you want to reshape. Drill press won’t help you as much there, it’ll work for recessing though.