How to make my yoyo unresponsive

Rig now i have a dark magic and I’m getting into more advanced tricks and unresponsive play becomes more and more critical. When I first got my yoyo i put on responsive lube but haven’t for a long time. I just got 100 percent poly sting and that helps. But i don’t want it coming up at all without a bind return. Any advice??? Thanks.

Loosen your gap, and if that doesn’t work try cleaning your bearing and bearing seat to get rid of any thick lube still present.

if it’s a dark magic 2, switch to the speed bearing.

Nope. Unresponsive yoyos aren’t needed. Yes they do make things easier, but they aren’t needed by any means.
Might read through these though, all which were found with a quick search:

no, it’s the first dm… And I know unresponsive is lt needed but I would like to see both sides of advanced yoyoing, and want to try it out

You dont need unresponsive to do advanced tricks, i play my revolution responsive. Its much easier because i dont need to do binds. I can do most tricks, except whips.

Taking the previous comments into consideration, keep in mind that the condition of the bearing is the prime factor on responsiveness or lack thereof. If you want it unresponsive, clean the bearing and lube it very lightly. Most other factors are secondary at best.

1 Like