How to fix Loose DM2 Caps?

Gosh y’all…

Jhb8426 and the other guy are having chemistry arguments, Mordo isn’t sure what to do, and people are throwing out info about ruining plastic.

Im enjoying this…

Mordo- just use a tiny dab of Elmer’s glue. Super Glue has no affect on plastic, but it might make the cap permanently stuck…

END OF STORY

We aim to please! Haha

I’ve just seen some clear plastic turn ugly after getting super glued and I don’t want that to happen to anyone’s stuff. The GE DM2 is a nice looking yoyo and it should stay that way.

At the end if the day, it’s the OPs decision how to proceed and I hope he posts an update showing positive results. No matter who is right.

No, the method does virtually nothing to the weight distribution and balance. Think about how little you’re affecting, only the very edge of the cap on all sides (lightweight plastic). I think everyone would agree that the difference would be insignificant. Just don’t do anything hastily and the cap should be fine.

Bcmaddog, it’s fine if you’re done with this thread, but you don’t have to try to end it yourself. I personally think “end-of-thread” posts aren’t necessary by anyone but moderators.

Edit: Oh, and obviously the hammer should have a smooth head, not a textured or damaged head. Naturally!

This is the best first method. I usually just use pliers on a few spots around the edge of the cap but Brian’s method sounds more thorough.

1 Like