How to declutter yoyo bearing

Hello and Good Afternoon from Indonesia. I have a trouble when i want to declutter my bearing. Oh I have never change my bearing since i brought my first unresponsive yoyo in store. Yesterday i decided to order the bearing openner via online shop and i cannot open the yoyo bearing with it. Can you help me to teach me how to declutter it? Thx.

Sounds like you bought a bearing removal tool! These are for removing the bearing from your yo-yo when it gets stuck.

If you want to take the protective shields off the sides of the bearing so you can clean it, you will need to use a sharp pin or sewing needle.

Brandon Vu has a good video on how to take care of your bearings, he shows how to take the shields off around 2 minutes into the video.

2 Likes

Yeah but my bearing removal doesn’t work, i ask my dad to help me and it still stuck. IMG-20180824-WA0005
IMG-20180824-WA0003

The issue you are having is that the axle and the bearing are on the same side. You can try screwing your yoyo back together and then unscrewing it again to see if your axle or bearing switch sides or try removing your axle first and then your bearing.

If the bearing and axle are on the same side you will not have enough room to wiggle the bearing out with the remover tool.

1 Like

Use a pair of pliers, preferably one that has wire snipper on it. You can use the other end of the side of the wire snipper to remove it easily.
0824181516 0824181517

1 Like

Be careful with pliers, I’ve ruined many axles this way by smushing the threads flat, which will also strip your yoyo threads and that is a game-over moment, so be very very careful.

The preferred way to remove the axle is to use the hex key tool on the top of it.

Apologies, I only suggested using pliers for the bearing, you should NOT use pliers to remove the axle, or else you’ll be very likely to destroy it

1 Like