How similar is the Wooly Marmot 2 to the Cascade?

I’m looking at getting a WM2, but I’m a bit hesitant because it looks similar to the Cascade.

Does it play much differently?

Plays like a slightly smaller, floatier cascade.

I’ve played a few marmot 2’s (own one) and have played tons of Cascades. Little more enjoyable to play than a Cascade in my opinion, but they’re both great.

1 Like

I personally don’t find them similar at all. The Cascade is more solid and stable, and the Marmot is floatier like said above, but i find them very much different on the string. I prefer the Cascade.

The only thing similar about them is that they are organic shaped. The Cascade is bigger and wider, has SEs, and plays way better (imo).

You mean, it performs way better? Only one’s opinion can judge whether a yoyo plays better than another. The performance of the Cascade is better in that it’s more stable, but it feels like a vanilla yoyo, while the Marmot 2 is like a vanilla chocolate chip cookie dough yoyo :stuck_out_tongue:

I want some ice cream now.

EDIT: Didn’t catch the (imo). ::slight_smile:

Based on your preferences Glenacius, I think out of the two you’d like the Cascade.

Thanks guys. I’ve actually already have a Cascade. I was looking good at getting a Marmot, but I don’t think I will now.

If you are deciding this on pure performance, then you may be right that the Cascade edges the Marmot 2 in a few categories. So do many other yo-yo’s that are even better than the Cascade. But I must confess a certain sweet spot for the WM2. It has a very unique feel that has kept it in a my bag which is full of very high-performing yo-yo’s; most of which just blow it out of the water when it comes to performance; like spin-time and stability.

… But the Wooly Marmot has that certain feel. In a world where yo-yo’s are starting to play very much the same; the Marmot stands out as not the same. In a very enjoyable way.

Not selling mine anytime soon. :slight_smile: