How often do you change your string?

Well if you’re skilled and experienced enough, you can obviously tell when they’re about to snap.

People who change every few days aren’t scared of snapping, they crave the bounce of new string.

I’m moving through the intermediate tricks and can bind. I’ve moved from 100% cotton to Slick6 and am ordering 100% poly on an upcoming order. I’ve been on my current string over a week now, but probably less than 3 hours on it(maybe less than 1.5). New string definitely performs better, binds better and holds string tension better. I feel need to change the string I’m on any moment now, not due to breaking, but do to poor performance.

Maybe every 15 minutes.

1 Like

Well, you guys are sure wealthy. :wink:

like once every other day or so. just whenever it looks bad, I change it.

Seriously, some guys who practice hard burn through strings. I don’t know how Icthus plays as I haven’t seen anything, but chances could be he practices quite hard and is wearing down strings that fast. I can see how a new person would have a problem grasping this.

I’m relatively new. A string is gonna last me several days or sure.

SkeletonBoy333:
Saw one of your vids recently for some battle on here. The audio was all out of sync with your playing. You were throwing something with hubstacks. Man, was it noisy! Not saying that in a bad way, just wish the bearing noise was lining up with what you were doing. I actually kinda liked the sound make by the bearings although it did sound kinda painful! Other than that, cool video for sure.

Every month or so. Nylon string hold up for a longer time.

If you buy a lot of nylon thread (6000+ yard spools), you can get the cost per string below $.10 per.

nylon? :o
I still haven’t tried nylon string. I’ll have to buy some thread next time I’m at joanns
how is it compared to poly?

I change string once it starts looking frayed and loses its ummm prettiness? lol If I’m practicing a lot I might change it every day or so. If I sit and don’t do anything for a month or two, obviously it is a lot longer then. I also sometimes knot my strings up when learning new tricks and soon as I get a knot that I can’t get out I just grab a new string. Also my kids sometimes grab my yoyo’s and knot them up. One day I woke up and 4 of my yo-yos were tangled together so bad I had to take scissors and cut like 12 times to undo it all haha.

Anyone know what kind of string is the neon green yoyofactory string? That is my favorite type of string so far, I have not found any that I like better. I bought a 100 of them at the 2010 worlds and still have probably 50 left. I was given a couple of hundred of a different type it was blue and orange but I don’t know, it is alright but I’m not as big of a fan as the yoyofactory string. Just wish I knew what it was called. Any help?

I change string when it:

1. Loses its bounce.
  2. Looks and feels dirty.
  3. Smells like my socks!
  4. Smells like somebody elses sock!
  5. Durring any full moon.
  6. Always, ALWAYS, before it breaks. Strings have defects occasionally and break but should not be played until they break. String is Cheap compared to damaging the yo, other items and especially other people.

I change it when i cant stand having a dirty string anymore. All depends on how it goes. 5a, string for me lasts alot longer. same goes for 4a. 1a, all depends… I have been known to play a highlights for over 2 weeks.