How often do you adjust string tension?

How often do you adjust string tension?

Like every 10 throws? Or more or less?

4 Likes

Just after the string breaks from being too tight causing the yo to fly into the wall.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t do anything right now where tension is a huge issue…though I do check my string once in awhile and adjust if needed.

2 Likes

10 sounds about right. I don’t really think about it

4 Likes

I’ve noticed lately that even after just like 4 or 5 throws I have a ton of tension in my string. Like literally if I want to do slack stuff I have to adjust tension really often

1 Like

Some strings hold tension better than others so it may be your string, if you’re doing everything cleanly.

1 throw + 1 return = .5 turn in the yoyo string and 1 tornado thingie should do 1 turn so doing 1 tornado every 2 throws should keep it neutral.

1 Like

One thing that gets me is some strings (materials? brands?) seem a lot more prone to heavy tension curling? Nylon in particular looooves to curl up tight with the quickness.

Maybe 5 to 10 tricks sounds about right, depending on what I’m doing. Looping is a different issue for me as I haven’t been able to get outside loops to work well, so I can do 20 to 30 loops (inside) before the yoyo is ready to fall off the string. :cry:

1 Like

When I watch Andre’s tutorial it seems like he throws it several times and then he holds the string and it doesn’t seem to twist at all

2 Likes

magic :sparkles:

1 Like

After every throw. I only do fingerspins and helix binds now.

3 Likes

Depends on the tricks your doing. Some tricks introduce more twist than others. Ex: practicing the reverse Brent rejection ninja vanish causes a lot of twist fast from my experience. Think it also depends on your string too.

3 Likes

Lol, for real

1 Like

reverse brent stole, follow, trapeze follow all tighten that string tension !

1 Like

It feels like different string brands handle tension differently, as do different ages in string. This is more ‘gut feeling’ than ‘lab tested’, but, with YoYo String Lab Type X, when I get to the point where I need to adjust tension every couple of throws (1A), then I feel the string is likely at the end of its natural life. Some of the newer, well loved boutique strings feel great, but, need tension adjustment more frequently. Again, not scientific by any means.

2 Likes