How many throws do you bring when you head out for the day?

I don’t always take a yo-yo with me when I go out, but when I do, it’s the Recess Komodo.

4 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you for the photos!

I’ll definitely need to check it out responsive. I wish I’d picked up a second one to do that, I may wait for a restock to do it.

1 Like

One ( that I do not mind getting dinged up )

1 Like

I would like to carry one all the time but whenever i inadvertently take it out at home i forget to put it back

1 Like

Yeah, I’m glad I’m not the only one that forgets to put on pants before going to work.

2 Likes

I always bring the silenus when I leave the house. Super good and I’m not afraid to ding it haha.

4 Likes

I have two that stay at work and one that stays in my bag.

If Im just out and about I’ll usually pocket a plastic even though 95% of the time it just stays there

1 Like

I keep a fixed axle in the car and one responsive and one unresponsive in my backpack.

2 Likes

68 yo-yos>

7…OA

13… 1A

22…2A

12…3A

8…4A

6…5A

1000 strings

…35 backup bearings

And a ham sandwich.

PS… on a more serious note> I bring whatever clicks in my mind before I go out the door. And it doesn’t matter what it is because I Never live in fear of dinging any yoyo in my entire flock of yo-yos. If you live with the fear of smacking your yo-yos. Then you are not having fun.
Learn to control your yo-yos. Do not let the possibility of yoyo damage control you.
(And that concludes my motivational presentation for today)

3 Likes

I have a beaten N12 that lives on my work bag. Rarely throw at work tho.
If I’m going somewhere (rare ATM :triumph:) I will always take a yo-yo. I love to choose one from my 18 that are in the living room cases before leaving. Like choosing a hat or shoes for the occasion. Sometimes the Mrs tries to rush me along and pick one, but it’s an art form. Who’s gonna be there, what tricks will I be doing, will people want to touch it (heaven forbid), what conditions will I be throwing under and how long.
But I usually only take one out at a time. Anymore yo-yos and I’m probably not paying the humans around me a proportional amount of myself.

2 Likes

At least one. On vacation I usually carry three to four. I don’t have that many secure holsters.

4 Likes

Dove and a wedge. Both have scars. Used to be a N8, but got a burr and I’m afraid I’ll cut myself. No metal throws at work now.

2 Likes

Unless I am carrying a bag of some sort, 1 yoyo in my pocket is where I draw the line. I don’t like having multiple throws clanging around in my pocket.

3 Likes

I usually bring 2 - typically one is an undersized (My Spyy Spyder has been my go-to for the past 6 months now) and a modern responsive. One is in my pocket, the other is in the little side pouch of my lunch bag.

4 Likes

A day - 1. Something that fits in my pocket.
A weekend - 2. A responsive and a non responsive.

I usually know in advance what I want. Banger for learning tricks or something for showing off.

3 Likes

When I was working I kept a couple in my desk and a couple in my brief case. Used primarily in my cubicle (aka cell). Now that I am free I generally have one fixed axle looper in my car to entertain ME at times. When I go camping I take a selection of 4-5 mixed fixed axle loopers and string trick yoyos.

2 Likes

I will take one in my pocket if I have no bag. If I’m somewhere with my backpack, I take a 1a throw and a 5a throw. At this point I have enough yoyos that it’d be overly paranoid to not be willing to carry expensive stuff, so I just take whatever yoyos I feel like. I’m not scared to damage anything except expensive outer ring bimetals.

2 Likes