Do you take a throw to work? If so, which one(s)?

Subject says it all. Do you have one you take to work, or do you rotate a number of them?

I’m just getting back into yoyoing, so when I finally get one I’ll likely take it to work to practice during downtime. I’m a journalist/social media strategist, and often have small pockets of downtime throughout my workday. I think it’d be a good time to get some practice in.

Always.
Every time I take what ever I feel like in that day. I avoid only throws that make a lot of noise like the Protostar

I have a couple of times… but I do delivery so I’m always on the move… so it’s pretty hard, therefore I typically don’t.

But the times I have, I had a T5 in my coat pocket… after I drop off food to a customer in a multistory building, I would often walk to the elevator while putting the string around my throw finger…

As soon as those elevators closed, it was frontstyle all the way down to the Lobby. As much as I could get in. Typically only 1 or 2 throws.

Once the elevator stopped early for someone else wanting to go down, imagine their surprise when the elevator door opened and a Jimmy John’s delivery guy is in there going ham sandwich on boing-e-boing.

I ask the kids in the classroom i work in what color yoyo I should bring the next day. If I have one in the color they say, I bring it.

I always have my ‘Going out’ yoyo around my belt. No matter where I go I take one, It’s like a musician and their instrument, you never know when inspiration will hit you, or whether it’ll finally click how to do that rejection trick you’ve worked on for ages. Wouldn’t want to lose those ideas or feelings by not having a throw around.

If I’m at work I usually just leave it on my desk and pick it up as I go into another office, I work as IT support at a warehouse to I’m usually walking a fair distance between desks/offices and it’s great to throw along the way.

I don’t go to work without a throw. My metal of choice to carry is the myy n8. Small, tough and if something happens to it I’m out $10-15. I also always have a fixed axle with me, usually a BC Lightning. Got a pair of Raider EXs yesterday, so I can see myself working on 2A there, too.

Lucky for me my job allows me lots of free time.

I have one beater I take everywhere, then the rest I play with at home.

Code 2.

School is my job, so yeah.

I take my Superwide to school every day clipped to my hip in the holster my dad made me.

If you catch me without a yoyo I’m either dead, sleeping, swimming, or taking a shower. No joke.

I just take what ever I am using that day.
How ever I did get a bearing recently that makes no noise at all. I like taking that one around with me now. It is in a one drop code 2.

Lol the last part of your comment was funny :slight_smile: I remember throwing inside of a elevator and some older lady got scared when the doors opened it was great.

hahahaha yeah… it was an older lady for me also. I just quickly did a bind and put the yoyo back in my pocket.

I yoyo everywhere school any break i got my supernova is on hand, but from yoyoing so much i have attained the muscle memmory of my combos and con do them blind folded. Hard to get to new stuff now

YES! It’s so amazing doing combos with your eyes closed, or blind folded.

The first time, you have your doubts… but when you try it, it makes you feel like a Jedi… like you’re controlling something with the force. It works and it’ll blow your mind, everyone needs to try it.

wow you don’t sleep or take showers with your yoyos? I guess our not a true thrower :wink:

shame I’m the only one getting buried with my yoyos?

My ‘beater’ is also at work in case my colleagues find a sudden desire to try it and wholehearted drive it into the floor. My beater is a Gullwing with a quietish bearing in it. I agree, a really loud bearing is not a good plan if you don’t work alone. I typically only throw at work late at night or at weekends though. Worst yoyoing sound in the world was a colleague pinging the Gullwing into her teeth.

ooooof! That sounds awful!

Same here