How many do you have?

1. I am both a player and collector, so about 14 of them don’t get thrown since they’re no longer made and somewhat rare. I try to avoid the urge to buy the newest/hottest/most popular throw out at any given moment. I like to do my research, read lots of reviews, and buy iconic yoyos that have been historically significant or innovative to the hobby. I prefer having a rounded collection with each yoyo holding a specific place or reason for being in my collection.

That’s pretty awesome! :slight_smile:

I also think like you and that’s why I bought not to rush but calmly, thoughtfully and I have never sold anything of what I’ve bought.
what are the most important pieces of your collection?

Haven’t actually counted but I have about 30. I’ve recently given four away to new throwers just getting started. Starting to spread the joy :wink:

I have been selectively buying different sizes, shapes and weights to see what really works for me.

Recently found out I really enjoy 7075 aluminum (Scout in this case) and I want to throw a Ti soon to see how that feels as well.

If you ask my wife I have too many.

Right now I have 19 keepers, and I have gifted 5 to various friends & family. I’m sure I’ll give away at least one or two more.

think i’m up to about 35 now. about half are metal and half plastic or other composite material. about 3/4 are 1a with the rest being 2a. only have one duplicate - a Velocity - one from 2011 and one from 2015. the one from 2011 is far superior; just feels better. but don’t use them much. that that is what i used when i re-entered the yoyo world back in 2011. currently rotate among the various metals and a few mid to high end plastics (or whatever they are made of).

gw

not enough

I buy my share to help keep things pushing. I love them for their functionality, artistic value, and collectibility. There is so much variety to love, along with the thrill of the hunt.

About 600 yoyos?

^ That’s a pic from earlier this year, so I’d estimate right in there somewhere. I think your estimation is spot on. That CLYW case is now full and I have to build another one this week to add the ones without a home. There is a fourth YYE color metals case missing from the pic, and that’s about half full now. More inexpensive non-YYF plastics are missing, and the titaniums are missing too. So, yeah, I’d estimate about 600. I tried to get them all in one pic, but it didn’t work out as planned.

With all your yoyos, I think the best way to get them in one picture is to put the cases on your front lawn and ask the NSA satellite to share the picture. That is, if they are able to catch the whole collection in one picture.

Please keep enjoying your collection and sharing the pictures with us.

There is no such thing!!!

Next thing you will say is I don’t need my foil lined hat…

What about this guy?

Ummm, he wins…

That’s yoyodoc. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah, just coincidental username. From what yoyodoc says, his collection is just strewn about.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

As a college student I own just the right amount. At this stage in my life I can’t really collect or have a variety of them since yoyos have a hefty price and college is already expensive as it is plus the costs of living in California (if you know what I mean). Hopefully one day I can collect more and try different yoyos although people like total artist are on a whole new level :sweat_smile: