How many do you have?

I think the point of his post is that for the past few years he’s been buying fewer yoyos.

I have around 12-15 if you include my cheap throws, i.e. Brains and fireballs.

He meant the past few years he’s only bought that many, not since he started. Makes sense if you look at his collection video a lot of his stuff is very old.

Where did you find those cases?

My collection maxes out at 36 due to case size. Though this is image is longer up to date. A few new ones have arrived and kicked a few of the older ones out. :wink:

1 Like

I have a lot of $10 and under yo-yos just to loop or that I collected over the years of just randomly picking them up when I saw them and wanted something to do on vacation. Didn’t get into unresponsive until this year. I have a few MagicYoyos, some nice plastics and some OneDrops and YoyoFactories. I have something like 30 or 35. Like 10 nice ones.

I have forty years and I collect yoyo since 2009
my purchases have almost completely stopped by 2014 around … because now I own everything I wanted to have, play with all my yoyo … and rarely, very rarely, I find it interesting what I see produce recent years

I think I’m back up to about 1,000.

Used to have about 3,000, then got rid of pretty much everything in 2009.

That’s a lot of yoyos.

Over the past 2.5 years since I got back into throwing, I think about 70 have passed through my collection. Had 30 as the highest number at any given time. It’s now back down to 7, which will be 8 shortly when my Executive arrives, but then back down to 7 if/when I sell my Euler.

Kinda miss some that I’ve passed along, but I’m really happy with the 7 I’ll be down to.

I’m pretty sure I’ve had over 100 overall and I think I peaked in the 30s at some point a few years ago. I currently have about 10 I’m very content with and hope to continue building it up with quality throws in the next year or so :slight_smile:

I’ve had about 140-150 pass through the collection in total, currently have a little less than half of that.

Oh boy, now we’re talking about how many we have owned in total, not own now? Boy don’t know how many that would be. Probably close to 1000.

Wow! That’s quite the number!

Yeah. I’ll admit, it’s excessive. But I really, really love being able to play my way through yoyo history. And I get a tremendous amount of joy from letting players come over and throw stuff they haven’t tried before. I hate getting rid of yoyos, ever. I even keep the terrible stuff, just so that I can find it a few years later and gleefully reminisce about how terrible it was, ha ha.

2 Likes

Been playing off and on since 1988. And a friend of mine who was more of a collector gave me his collection about 5 years ago, it was pretty substantial as he bought out a couple stores after the 90’s boom crashed. Was great, there were a ton of duplicates. I did a pretty large sale on here about 2 years ago when I joined. I kept a lot of it, a couple I wish I would’ve kept, but then transferred the cash that I got to modern yoyos, which until I found this site 2-3 years ago I knew nothing about. I was perfectly happy throwing my No Jive, Bumble Bee, Cold Fusion, Cherry Bomb, FH’s and Renegades and others like them. A lot of what I sold went to other collectors and I gave a lot away to kids that were just getting started. So it wasn’t like Steve, who has probably played every one of the yoyos he has, and probably didn’t have as many duplicates, but still a pretty substantial amount for your average player.

That is very cool. If my job ever brings me to Cleveland, I will be going through the phone book calling all the SBrowns asking if I can come over and play yoyos…then you will see a news story about the “phone calling yoyo freak”

About 15. And as I explain to my wife, I need every one of them.

Also, I have actually given away some yoyos to kids who were interested. So I guess I have whittled my collection down a bit.

Was just getting ready to add about 15-20 yoyos to my BST listing, but decided they’d be better suited with some kids just getting started. So they’ll be in my bag and if someone is interested out in public they’ll go home with them. Should always have a yoyo on you to give away :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah- have 18, have given 17 away

Why are you giving them away? Trying to help people start yoyoing?